No Jupiter Legacy Collection for INTEGRA-7?

Forum for Integra 7
Johan325

No Jupiter Legacy Collection for INTEGRA-7?

Post by Johan325 »

Cello have noticed a change in the text. In the Roland blog they announced that the Jupiter Legacy Collection will be released on wendsday 28th Nov. In the first text it stood for Jupiter 50, 80 & INTEGRA-7. But now they changed the text to only Jupiter 50 & 80, any thoughts?

Perhaps ROLAND care about the health of the INTEGRA-7 users? They are too occupied with those 6000 sounds. They need some sleeping time before next release? 110 New SN Tones, replicating the classic synths would simply keep them awake too long for their own good.

More info
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45588&start=267
alpha_C

Re: No Jupiter Legacy Collection for INTEGRA-7?

Post by alpha_C »

No editor PC VST editor for module with small display and over 6000 sounds, now they make up they mind no giving us Jupiter Collection for I7...Anybody understand Roland's politics ?
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

For starters, Integra is not a Jupiter. For all you "Jupiter in a box" boys, welcome to reality.

My guess is the programmers will need more than 1 MFX to recreate the sounds of old. I-7 users may still be able to load the Tone.
Johan325

Post by Johan325 »

Devnor wrote:For starters, Integra is not a Jupiter. For all you "Jupiter in a box" boys, welcome to reality.

My guess is the programmers will need more than 1 MFX to recreate the sounds of old. I-7 users may still be able to load the Tone.
You’re probably right, The tones will work but not everything of the others . But this is a guess.
I don’t think the Live Sets will work. ;-)
Yes! We see INTEGRA-7 as a Jupiter in a box, or I do anyway. I thought it was the purpose?
Or is it another box with Super Natural stuff? Plus some SRX stuff.
So I can buy Jupiter-50 and the INTEGRA-7? And don’t feel like I bought the same thing?
Dany

Post by Dany »

Johan325 wrote: ...So I can buy Jupiter-50 and the INTEGRA-7? And don’t feel like I bought the same thing?
It's obviously difficult for some folks to comprehend... ;)

The Integra-7 offers ALL single SuperNATURAL Acoustic and Synth Tones from the Jupiter-80/50
(and even some more) with only one insert effect per SN Tone, while the JP-80/50 offers up to four insert effects per single SN Tone in context of a Liveset. The I-7's SN engine offers 128 voices like the JP-50, while the JP-80 has 256 voices. The whole JP-80/50 structure is obviously different, as they work with LiveSets, which contain up to 4 single SN Tones and offer even additional SN Tones in context of a Registration. I-7 has no Tone Blender, Harmony Intelligence and Arp, etc.
-
Edit: And I should add, the I-7 has of course an additional PCM synth...
Chrisk-K

Post by Chrisk-K »

Devnor wrote: My guess is the programmers will need more than 1 MFX to recreate the sounds of old. I-7 users may still be able to load the Tone.
The Jupiter-8 has no effect processor. Why would programmers need multiple FX's to recreate classic JP-8 sounds?
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

Chrisk-K wrote:
Devnor wrote: My guess is the programmers will need more than 1 MFX to recreate the sounds of old. I-7 users may still be able to load the Tone.
The Jupiter-8 has no effect processor. Why would programmers need multiple FX's to recreate classic JP-8 sounds?
Lots of tone shaping possibilities in JU80 FX. Equalizers & compressors & chorus oh my!
alpha_C

Post by alpha_C »

I guess we'll never get JLC fof I7, because people would buy I7 instead of Jupiters...
scottrod

Post by scottrod »

I have a Jupiter-80 but bought the Integra-7 as well for its:

1. Extended parameter set. More fine tuning of the tones. Very important to me.
2. The very thing it was built for, 16 channel tracking. Great for my workflow.
3. More supernatural sounds,especially orchestral instruments and acoustic guitars.

Although they have the same sound engine, I see them as two distinctively different instruments, more than I thought I would. I approach them in very different ways.

If I had the money to throw around, I'd buy another. Love it. Unbelievable sound quality.
Dany

Post by Dany »

scottrod wrote:I have a Jupiter-80 but bought the Integra-7 as well for its:
1. Extended parameter set. More fine tuning of the tones. Very important to me.
Which parameters do you exactly mean? Doesn't the I-7's SN engine offer at least the same editing parameters as the JP-80's SN engine?

I've always thought that the I-7's SN engine has slightly less parameters than the JP-80's SN engine, as the I-7 has for example only Attack and Release Time Offset parameters, while the JP-80 has Attack, Release AND Decay Time Offset parameters.

In which regard do you mean "more fine tuning ot the voices"?

I have two JP-80s and this has prevented me so far from purchasing an I-7... ;)

-
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Yet . . . ;-)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

piaknowguy wrote:Yet . . . ;-)
Btw, what are your impressions about the integra-7, Piaknowguy?
You never disclosed anything...Yet ;-)
scottrod

Post by scottrod »

Dany wrote:
scottrod wrote:I have a Jupiter-80 but bought the Integra-7 as well for its [edit] extended parameter set. More fine tuning of the tones.
Which parameters do you exactly mean?
Dany:

To be specific, I should say the parameter set for the PCM synth tones.

I was piano-trained so I'm heavily into using velocity as a function to control synth parameters (along with aftertouch). The following were added to the PCM tone engine with the Integra-7, there may be more:
===================================
Pitch Envelope Velocity Sensitivity
Pitch Envelope T1 Velocity Sensitivity
Pitch Envelope T4 Velocity Sensitivity
Pitch Envelope Time - Key Follow
Pitch Envelope Time 1-4
Pitch Envelope Level 1-4

Filter Cutoff Velocity Curve
Filter Cutoff Velocity Sensitivity
Resonance Velocity Sensitivity
TVF Env Velocity Curve
TVF Env Velocity Sensitivity
TVF Env T1 Velocity Sensitivity
TVF Env T4 Velocity Sensitivity
TVF Env Time Key Follow
TVF Env Time 1–4
TVF Env Level 0-4

TVA Env T1 Velocity Sensitivity
TVA Env T4 Velocity Sensitivity
TVA Env Time Key Follow
TVA Env Time 1–4
TVA Env Level 1–3
===================================
Of course some are more musically useful than others, and you need release velocity on your controller to take advantage of a couple (which my T8 has). A few of the parameters above were sort-of baked together on the Jupiter-80, but the I-7 breaks all that up for better controllability.

The one parameter I looked up however as soon as the I-7 Parameter Guide was released was TVF/A Env T1 Velocity Sensitivity. As soon as I saw it had that functionality, I mentally said, "I'll take it." See my rant (and your response) here:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45278
Johan325

Post by Johan325 »

Roland Synth Legend Vol 2, all the MKS Modules for the INTEGRA-7? The big Legacy System Synths would be nice to (System 100, 100m, 700).

The best thing would be if they fixed Jupiter Synth Legend Vol 1 for the INTEGRA-7 and made Vol 2 The MKS Modules and System Synths even for J-50 & J-80.

If they want to keep the thrill up, they could release Vol 2 for the INTEGRA-7 and after a while release the fix for both J-50/80 & INTEGRA-7

This is just my thoughts, no hints from Roland. But this could be a hint to Roland.

… and don’t forget D-550.
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Although they have the same sound engine, I see them as two distinctively different instruments, more than I thought I would. I approach them in very different ways.

If I had the money to throw around, I'd buy another. Love it. Unbelievable sound quality.
scottrod

Same here Scott. Glad you're enjoying the Integra. They are such great compliments to each other. And, I am also enjoying the second GT! Thanks to that I now have the ability to cross-mix my V-Synth GT horns and guitars in mixes.

Hope the weather is nice up there in Dayton. I just got back from a couple of weeks of working in the Boston area...cold, cold and colder! But the lobster bisque was outrageously delicious!

Best regards,
.:':.DH.:':.