Integra keyboard version

Forum for Integra 7
anotherscott

Re: Integra keyboard version

Post by anotherscott »

PauloF wrote:I'd rather use the mighty A800-PRO, which has 9 POT Knobs, 9 Slides, 8 Dynamic PADs and 13 Configurable Buttons and besides that has 2 MIDI Channels and aftertouch.

The RD-64 has no Aftertouch and only one MIDI channel
And if you want a weighted action, check out the Casio PX-5S. Same price as the RD-64, 88 keys, weighs less, great feel (based on having played the PX-350), tons of sounds, and what appears to be a very flexible 4-zone MIDI controller with knobs and sliders.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

anotherscott wrote:
PauloF wrote:I'd rather use the mighty A800-PRO, which has 9 POT Knobs, 9 Slides, 8 Dynamic PADs and 13 Configurable Buttons and besides that has 2 MIDI Channels and aftertouch.

The RD-64 has no Aftertouch and only one MIDI channel
And if you want a weighted action, check out the Casio PX-5S. Same price as the RD-64, 88 keys, weighs less, great feel (based on having played the PX-350), tons of sounds, and what appears to be a very flexible 4-zone MIDI controller with knobs and sliders.
Thanks Anotherscott,
Couldn't find the PX-55... Seems to be a descontinued product. Need to check on YouTube.

Regarding the PX-350 it seems to have only two Zones.
Four zones would be super !!!
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

PauloF wrote:Thanks Anotherscott,
Couldn't find the PX-55...
PX-5S not PX-55

Just announced yesterday at NAMM

http://www.casiomusicgear.com/products/ ... ivia/PX-5S
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

anotherscott wrote:
PauloF wrote:Thanks Anotherscott,
Couldn't find the PX-55...
PX-5S not PX-55

Just announced yesterday at NAMM

http://www.casiomusicgear.com/products/ ... ivia/PX-5S
Oppsss... Sorry...need to change my glasses ;-)
kimsnarf

Post by kimsnarf »

The PX-5S has 256 notes of polyphony, four programmable arpeggiators and multitrack phrase sequencing. Those are some serious specs for a digital piano! On paper that is even better than the Jupiter-80. Any new synths or workstations in the making need to up their antes!
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

I'd think about where it's made and what it's made out of before making comparisons.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

kimsnarf wrote:The PX-5S has 256 notes of polyphony, four programmable arpeggiators and multitrack phrase sequencing. Those are some serious specs for a digital piano! On paper that is even better than the Jupiter-80.
As someone who has no use for an arpeggiator or a sequencer, I wouldn't say that. ;-) But really, it's about the sounds. Musical instruments aren't well compared with spec sheets. You know, a MiniMoog only has one-note polyphony, but it sounds great! If you're into, say, Roland's SuperNatural acoustic instrument sounds, I would doubt the PX-5S will be much competition there. But I bet a PX-5S would make an excellent controller for an Integra-7!