Integra keyboard version

Forum for Integra 7
drpopper

Re: Integra keyboard version

Post by drpopper »

Chrisk-K wrote:I don't know about the MOX, but the Korg Krome is not killing anyone. Korg's best seller has been a $350 Microkorg.
Toys r us doesn't count ;)
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

PauloF wrote:And what about the photo showing audio samples? Sonar? Or something else?
I'm curious, too.

Here's the image rotated so we don't have to hurt our necks ;-)
New Software.jpg
New Software.jpg (35.84 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
Johan325

Post by Johan325 »

Remember both Jupiters were announced at the Frankfurt Messe
Pips

Post by Pips »

I suspect they won't too much competition for the JP50. My solution add a I7 to complement my JP50!
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

The only competition of JP-50 is its price tag.
Chrisk-K

Post by Chrisk-K »

The Integra keyboard version would immensely hurt the sales of the JP-80/50.
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

We`ll see what we will see
but if roland is filing extra ordinary loses,, why does that not surprise me..?
People have lost confidence since their customer care is none existent along with support and development of their previous products which they always seem quick to dismiss and move on to the next unfinished release.
People have probably finally woke up that jumping on the latest and greatest bandwagon from roland is something you should wait at least 3 years to see if the product matures and by that time ebay is your savings from heaven.
But it will be interesting to see what they will try get away with offering this time.
whats passed through my hands so far

juno 106
D 20
SH32
spd 20
sp 404
sp 555
v synth original
v synth GT
vsynth XT
fantom x
fantom G

and they all suffered that same faith in the end
Big promises
short on return.
so as the saying goes..
Let the buyer beware.
and go get yourself a Fantom G from ebay :)
FxProject

Post by FxProject »

New Roland D60 workstation with supernatural synth and acoustic synthesis, pcm hd synthesis ,advanced linear arythmetic synthesis ,advanced-virtual-analog sound and 8 tracks audio /16 tracks midi séquencer (and very nice design , it looks Like à D50) usb drive ,61 keys, 6 inch screen, 64 studio sets, 512 live sets , 4000 preset sounds (1500 Sn synth sounds, 500 sn acoustic sounds, 1200 pcm hd sounds(best of srx) ,400 Ad.L.A sounds,200 Ad.V.A sounds, 20 sn drum kits, 40 pcm drum kits , 256 hd-gm2 sounds).

New Roland D30 synthesizer keyboard( same as d60) with no séquencer and less sounds.
Johan325

Post by Johan325 »

Quinnx. wrote:We`ll see what we will see
but if roland is filing extra ordinary loses,, why does that not surprise me..?
People have lost confidence since their customer care is none existent along with support and development of their previous products which they always seem quick to dismiss and move on to the next unfinished release.
People have probably finally woke up that jumping on the latest and greatest bandwagon from roland is something you should wait at least 3 years to see if the product matures and by that time ebay is your savings from heaven.
But it will be interesting to see what they will try get away with offering this time.
whats passed through my hands so far

juno 106
D 20
SH32
spd 20
sp 404
sp 555
v synth original
v synth GT
vsynth XT
fantom x
fantom G

and they all suffered that same faith in the end
Big promises
short on return.
so as the saying goes..
Let the buyer beware.
and go get yourself a Fantom G from ebay :)
You’re rather critical, and yes sometimes Roland is a little bit late, but not always. Remembering the release of the Vintage Expansion Card for Rolands JV serie almost a year after the EMU Vintage Module.
But the JD-800!!! No one saw that coming.

The support unit in USA, I can’t answer for. But in Scandinavia they usually answer 1-3 days later on your mail. Remember music stuff is not a massproduct and you can’t expect the same 24/7 support.

Apple counts there products in millions, Roland in thousands.

When it comes to Rolands loses I don’t understand why they don’t uses their legacy. After a hole decade of hyping the 60’s, 70’s & 80’s it would be nice if someone looked forward. But I don’t think it will happen yet! Not for the closes 1-2 years. Why don’t Roland uses this longing for the sound of the past?
They have it in their archive, hopefully. No high cost development. Just recycle.

I understand why they don’t create a software collection. They need money not piracy. But create something for the computer generation using the legacy and I don’t only mean Sounds or Synths modeling. Even in the effect area Roland have a legacy that can be used. And lock it to some kind of hardware so they get paid for each copy.

Now the Jupiter owners get a little bit angry, they invested a lot in their J80/50’s and want the legends for themselves, totally understandable. Why buy a Jupiter if Roland releases a USB thing with it?
So take the JD’s, JV’s & SR-JV stuff and put it in a cheap USB/Firewire/Thundebolt-thing and keep it cheap. Call It Digital Legacy Series
Just a suggestion
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

D60/D30
If the info is correct..
Its seems a bit of a mish mash
I mean we got the Jp series 80/50 then integra and now D60/30 (where are they trying to squeeze this in?)
Roland dont seem to have a clear direction in moving forward, it all seems like R&D just take all their bits
throw em all up in the air and wait to see what pattern they make when the pieces come back down and hit the table..
and then try to present it as something new and innovative.

But we can wait for the PR video when it comes out :)

But create something for the computer generation
They did.. its called Integra7
but they messed that up cos they forgot to include a full PC vst editing suite leaving the integra out in the cold on the computer generation side.
Johan325

Post by Johan325 »

Quinnx. wrote:D60/D30
If the info is correct..

They did.. its called Integra7
The INTEGRA
Hmmm that’s a good one :-). I really asked for it. In this thread, especially.

I was more thinking of those who can’t afford an INTEGRA in the computer generation.
Instead of a high price and low amounts. Low price and high amounts.

Just to clear it out. I know it’s easy to say what others should do or should have done ...
Creating hardware in the music industry is not easy. They must compete with software companies who only need to “Load up” their new product. No factory, no factory lines to develop. So I’m glad Roland still trying and my earlier post was not critics of them, just suggestions.

Is the D60/D30 thing really on its way or suggestion that became a rumour?
Johan325

Post by Johan325 »

howardS

Post by howardS »

rolandvet

Post by rolandvet »

All this means is that is has three buttons that let you choose which "performance variation" you want to use within an Integra's SN sound. A good feature, but something you can do with any keyboard that can send CC messages through sliders, pedals and pitchwheels. And since this unit has no sliders, it's of no use as a MIDI controller offering anything more than basic functions. Maybe it's fine as a standalone performer keyboard, but it'd be a waste to pair it with an Integra.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

rolandvet wrote:All this means is that is has three buttons that let you choose which "performance variation" you want to use within an Integra's SN sound. A good feature, but something you can do with any keyboard that can send CC messages through sliders, pedals and pitchwheels. And since this unit has no sliders, it's of no use as a MIDI controller offering anything more than basic functions. Maybe it's fine as a standalone performer keyboard, but it'd be a waste to pair it with an Integra.
I'd rather use the mighty A800-PRO, which has 9 POT Knobs, 9 Slides, 8 Dynamic PADs and 13 Configurable Buttons and besides that has 2 MIDI Channels and aftertouch.

The RD-64 has no Aftertouch and only one MIDI channel