I7 to replace Sonic Cell

Forum for Integra 7
DEVO-UK

I7 to replace Sonic Cell

Post by DEVO-UK »

Hi

I currently have all my backing tracks as midi files in Logic. i.e. track 1 drums, 2 bass, 3 strings, etc.

I go out the Macbook to the Sonic Cell via the USB and then out the SC to a Virus via midi out and then back to a DR-800 drum machine. So some tracks are playing patches in the SC and some in the Virus on each song, with the drums coming from the DR-880.

The Virus has a 16 part multi mode where I can store patches for each song, so I use for example 5, 6, 9, 10 and 12 for different lines in a song and turn the others off. I then move to a another multi for the next song where I have different patches to receive midi info.

The Sc works the same and I have all the drums on track 1 going to the DR-880.

My question is: Does the I6 part studio set in the I7 work in the same way as I've described above with the Virus?

Can I have a set of V drums on part/midi channel 1, bass on part/midi channel 2, etc and then move to a different studio set for the next song?

I also have odd strips of audio samples in one or two logic tracks which go out via the SC's Audio interface. I manage the volume using the volume for that track within the song in Logic.

Will this be the same for the I7.

It would make logical sense that i could just replace the SC with the I7 but I'm just making sure as I'me especially interested in having improved drums and basslines.
SoundworldA.D.

Re: I7 to replace Sonic Cell

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Yes DEVO-UK. You can set up any any of the SN-A, SN-S, SN-D, PCMs and PCMD "tones" on any of the 16 parts and set whatever channel you desire and then save it (STUDIO SET) to memory for easy recall. Also goes for whatever sounds are loaded into the 4 virtual slots as well.

There are 64 slots for STUDIO SETS.
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

Amazing thanks.

I'm buying!
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

I bought.

Just need to uninstall everything Sonic Cell now and have posted on that topic for advice, as my current Logic midi files are looking for the SC on load up and therefore not talking to the I-7.

A new Logic project talks to the I-7, but I don't want to cut and paste all the lines of midi info for each song unless I have to.

Regards

Alan