Wait until NAMM or buy now? (Integra 7)?

Forum for Integra 7
mdef303

Wait until NAMM or buy now? (Integra 7)?

Post by mdef303 »

I need sounds, the more the better, and honestly, I cannot find a module, or a workstation that has nearly the amount of sounds other than Rolands I7. I'm interested in this unit, but winter NAMM is right around the corner and it got me speculating. I have heard rumors about a new workstation that roland may release that has the sounds of the integra plus a sequencer. (I'm not interested in a sequencer,or the high price, I'm interested in quality sounds, a lot of them). With the release of Korgs KronosX I don't see Korg coming out with another workstation, however a rack version would be killer with added sounds. Yamaha has their motif xf line, and it would be interesting if they brought something new to the game in comparison to the I7 as well. Well, I think I have the made the conclusion to wait till namm has past, and go from there. What are the chances of a unit coming out at namm that has the amount of sounds the i7 has? I don't gig live, I just like to get dirty and cook up the spiciest creations in cubase with having a immense sound archive to choose from. Thank you, and sorry for my rant. God bless, and happy new yeAr.
howardS

Re: Wait until NAMM or buy now? (Integra 7)?

Post by howardS »

It's anyone's guess as to what might be released at NAMM. Keep in mind though that even if something gets announced you will likely not be able to get your hands on it for many months. Isn't that where the show's name comes from ....NAMM - not available...maybe May...lol. Seriously, it does take time for any of these manufacturers to get their products out to the stores.

In any event, if you cook in Cubase (as you put it) then a module may be better for you. I think you need to decide that first.
mdef303

Post by mdef303 »

Thank you for your feedback. I agree that a module fits me best. I think I may and give the I7 a go and purchase it soon. Maybe they will release a proper vst editor in the near future, regardless, the preset sounds available makes it worth it alone.
howardS

Post by howardS »

It does have a lot of sounds and the SuperNatural stuff is great.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

howardS wrote:It does have a lot of sounds and the SuperNatural stuff is great.
And according to a Roland representative, "they are working on a full Editor for integra-7"

Happy New Year!!!
Johan325

Post by Johan325 »