Does the integra have all Jupiter 50/80 sounds?

Forum for Integra 7
mdef303

Does the integra have all Jupiter 50/80 sounds?

Post by mdef303 »

I was looking into the Jupiter 50. I'm going to be buying the integra 7 this weekend, I want to know if the integra has all the sounds of the Jupiter 50/80?
anotherscott

Re: Does the integra have all Jupiter 50/80 sounds?

Post by anotherscott »

As I understand it, the Integra has all the individual sounds (i.e. tones) that the Jupiters have (and many, many more)... but it does not have the pre-configured combinations of sounds that the Jupiters have ("Live Sets" and registrations). This is not insignificant... if you've ever played a Jupiter in a store, the way it's set up, you were almost certainly hearing its Live Sets, so if those are the sounds you're looking for, you won't find them in the Integra. But all their individual parts are there and available for you to combine yourself, so I believe that all the pre-2.0 Jupiter sounds that come from layering tones in a Live Set should be able to be recreated on an Integra. (The reason I specify pre-2.0 is that, with 2.0, they added the ability within a Live Set to cascade multiple effects in series, and that is something you can't do on the Integra, so that would be the limitation, the Integra would not be able to recreate those 2.0 Live Set sounds that depend on running a sound through a series of different fx.)

It would be great if Roland somehow provided Integra versions of the standard Jupiter 50/80 Live Sets, which I think could basically be done by taking the 4 sounds of a Jupiter Live Set and assigning them to be 4 of the 16 sounds you can store in an Integra Studio Set (assigned to the same MIDI channel). The real limitation is that the Jupiter contains tons of Live Sets, and the Integra can only store 64 Studio Sets at a time. So this would have to be some kind of computer or iPad librarian-style of thing, where, if you knew which Jupiter Live Set you wanted, you'd be able to find it in the library's database and send it over to become one of the Integra's Studio Sets.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

anotherscott wrote:As I understand it, the Integra has all the individual sounds (i.e. tones) that the Jupiters have (and many, many more)... but it does not have the pre-configured combinations of sounds that the Jupiters have ("Live Sets" and registrations). This is not insignificant... if you've ever played a Jupiter in a store, the way it's set up, you were almost certainly hearing its Live Sets, so if those are the sounds you're looking for, you won't find them in the Integra. But all their individual parts are there and available for you to combine yourself, so I believe that all the pre-2.0 Jupiter sounds that come from layering tones in a Live Set should be able to be recreated on an Integra. (The reason I specify pre-2.0 is that, with 2.0, they added the ability within a Live Set to cascade multiple effects in series, and that is something you can't do on the Integra, so that would be the limitation, the Integra would not be able to recreate those 2.0 Live Set sounds that depend on running a sound through a series of different fx.)

It would be great if Roland somehow provided Integra versions of the standard Jupiter 50/80 Live Sets, which I think could basically be done by taking the 4 sounds of a Jupiter Live Set and assigning them to be 4 of the 16 sounds you can store in an Integra Studio Set (assigned to the same MIDI channel). The real limitation is that the Jupiter contains tons of Live Sets, and the Integra can only store 64 Studio Sets at a time. So this would have to be some kind of computer or iPad librarian-style of thing, where, if you knew which Jupiter Live Set you wanted, you'd be able to find it in the library's database and send it over to become one of the Integra's Studio Sets.
Very well explained and put anotherscott!
rolandvet

Post by rolandvet »

The Integra doesn't have all of the Jupiter 80 sounds. It has all of the Supernatural Acoustic sounds, plus a couple hundred more "new" sounds that appear in the Integra for the first time. But it doesn't have all of the Jupiter 80 Supernatural Synth sounds.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

rolandvet wrote:The Integra doesn't have all of the Jupiter 80 sounds. It has all of the Supernatural Acoustic sounds, plus a couple hundred more "new" sounds that appear in the Integra for the first time. But it doesn't have all of the Jupiter 80 Supernatural Synth sounds.
And the opposite is also true!!
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

I found out that the Integra does not have all of the SNSynth preset tones of the Jupiter, but it HAS all of its SNSynth waveforms! For example, there is no Cembalo or church organ tone to be found in the SN Synth tone list of the Integra, but these waveforms are present if you look into the edit screen 'OSC' and search through the waveforms. Everything of the Jupiter is there, you have to build your own cembalo and church organ in the Integra. There are also several acoustic string sections among the SN synth waveforms.
Ksynth

Post by Ksynth »

anotherscott wrote:As I understand it, the Integra has all the individual sounds (i.e. tones) that the Jupiters have (and many, many more)... but it does not have the pre-configured combinations of sounds that the Jupiters have ("Live Sets" and registrations). This is not insignificant... if you've ever played a Jupiter in a store, the way it's set up, you were almost certainly hearing its Live Sets, so if those are the sounds you're looking for, you won't find them in the Integra. But all their individual parts are there and available for you to combine yourself, so I believe that all the pre-2.0 Jupiter sounds that come from layering tones in a Live Set should be able to be recreated on an Integra. (The reason I specify pre-2.0 is that, with 2.0, they added the ability within a Live Set to cascade multiple effects in series, and that is something you can't do on the Integra, so that would be the limitation, the Integra would not be able to recreate those 2.0 Live Set sounds that depend on running a sound through a series of different fx.)

Excellent idea, I was disappointed to find that there are no such preconfigured 'Live sets' in the Integra - too lazy to create my own. An editor would make that easier of course.

How hard would it have been for Roland to provide those?

Perhaps as an update? Soon.