Bug on Integra7 ?

Forum for Integra 7
kernell32

Bug on Integra7 ?

Post by kernell32 »

the volume of srx is much lower than the SN/Pcm sound in rom !!!
Catarsis

Re: Bug on Integra7 ?

Post by Catarsis »

Its not a bug, but strange, that Roland has not foxed that. If youmtake the real SRX-01 "dynamic drums" cardits much quieter that all other sounds ! On Interga you can make the sounds a little louder. Select the sound tou want, then open Edit and there you find the "patch level" . On Srx sounds the level is somewhy not 127.
But yea - Roland should fix the patch levels problem.
Catarsis

Post by Catarsis »

The other strange thing with Integra, but also with Juno Stageis that - if you have master volume settning turden up full, the output sound is still lower than line level ! Ato get line level sound, you have to turn the Output gain to 6-10 dB.
Joxer96

Post by Joxer96 »

Glad it's not just my Integra 7 suffering from this. Granted, it's not a major problem or anything, but it is strange.
cl516

Post by cl516 »

FWIW i never owned any SRX cards prior to Integra, but to me, some of this variation in level actually makes sense. Dynamic drums, i figure, is supposed to be dynamic, so there's no way the soft hits will be comparable to a banging kick on say platinum trax. They can't make the sounds go louder then max, so i guess they had to make certain sounds softer and user makes up the gain elsewhere.
Catarsis

Post by Catarsis »

cl516 wrote:FWIW i never owned any SRX cards prior to Integra, but to me, some of this variation in level actually makes sense. Dynamic drums, i figure, is supposed to be dynamic, so there's no way the soft hits will be comparable to a banging kick on say platinum trax. They can't make the sounds go louder then max, so i guess they had to make certain sounds softer and user makes up the gain elsewhere.
Well, actually the problem is, that the overall level is much lower. Yes, dynamic. So a the Supernatural drums or built in non supernatural drums, but Srx-01 has much lower levels even in maximum. I will rec a sample and post it. Lets say when built in drums peaks at 0dB, then SRX-01 peaks at -10 dB
mdef303

Post by mdef303 »

I recently purchased an integra 7. Are these patches noticeably lower than the other patches? Lesser of quality?
Catarsis

Post by Catarsis »

mdef303 wrote:I recently purchased an integra 7. Are these patches noticeably lower than the other patches? Lesser of quality?
Nope,the quality does not make the volume :)
Laizy programmng maybe ?

I have been using samplers and done sampling for , well - 2 decades.
I have my own sampled instruments from real panflutes, guitars ect.
And they all sound exactly the same level as the built in sounds in, lets say Fantom G !
There is no excuse for SRX sounds to be with lower level. This is not professional from Roland ! You can always normalize the levels.
Roland should really fix this and now, that the sounds are on virtual srx cards, it should be easy to fix.

Imagine - I take my integra onstage, we do rehearsal and soundcheks and all the levels are set. Now in the middle of our concert i feel, that instead of the sound I use normally, I would change it to something different. But this one is o nthe SRX. And suddenly my sound is much quieter than before. And it all takes place on the middle of the concert. How professional is this ? its as good as all the patches of a Roland synth were with different levels !
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

SRX drum volumes have always been quieter. Remember this is a 10 year old product. I bought the SRX Drums for the Sonic Cell and sent it back as it was a waste of time.

Luckily the drums in the Integra-7 are AMAZIIIING, so ignore the SRX cards. Waste of time really.