Playing 'loops'

Forum for Integra 7
Ksynth

Playing 'loops'

Post by Ksynth »

Is there any way to trigger those loops included with some of the sounds on the Integra? I mean just play them without holding down a key but rather just tap a key?

I realize I can do this with a DAW track (like in Ableton Live) but wondered if in live situations we could trigger a loop and let it run?
PauloF

Re: Playing 'loops'

Post by PauloF »

Ksynth wrote:Is there any way to trigger those loops included with some of the sounds on the Integra? I mean just play them without holding down a key but rather just tap a key?

I realize I can do this with a DAW track (like in Ableton Live) but wondered if in live situations we could trigger a loop and let it run?
You can do that by holding the note by means of an HOLD Pedal or an assigned HOLD function from the Keyboard Controller on the Groove MIDI channel, for example.
ErdemD

Re: Playing 'loops'

Post by ErdemD »

Hello;
Alternative to a hold pedal, and if you have a midi keyboard with customizable buttons/sliders/knobs, you can assign one button/slider/knob to act as the MIDI CC64 (which is a universal message for Damper pedal) and limit the active midi channel to the midi channel of the groove you assigned. So when you press a key and then activate the button/slider/knob then you "hold" that note down until you change the button/slider/knob to zero.

And some Midi controllers also tranmit a "note on" message when a button/slider/knob is activate so you can alternatively look into that, too.

I hope it helps.