Old/new member and Integra 'veteran' says hello!

Forum for Integra 7
rolandvet

Old/new member and Integra 'veteran' says hello!

Post by rolandvet »

Hi folks!

I used to be a member of the old legacy site under a different name, but that account has been deactivated for inactivity, so I'm here under a different handle.

Anyway, I'm a veteran Rolandophile, having owned an XP-30, XV-3080, XV-5080, Sonic Cell and nearly every SR/JV and SRX card at one time or another. I'm moderator of the Yahoo Roland XV Group and just started the Yahoo Integra 7 Group (because no one got to it first!)

I've had an Integra for three months now, and I'm ready to sell of my Sonic Cell and all of my remaining SRX cards. For the most part, it really is that good. I'm a genuine Intregra fanboy Integraevangelist, to the point of having created a dedicated Integra blog at http://integra7zone.blogspot.com/the features an in-depth review and a little demo I've made hlghlighting selected Supernatural Acoustic sounds.

Anyway, you folks probably know far more about the Integra at this point than I do (for example, I don't have an iPad and I'm not a huge sound designer type--I'm a Basement Beethoven type songwriter who uses my gear for composing only. Not nearly good enough to gig.

But, in case you're thinking I've completely drunk the Roland Kool-Aid, let me admit in my defense that my 'other' gear is a Yamaha Motif XS (which I use mainly for its absolutely incredible arpeggio selection), a Kurzweil PC3 which, for my money, has the best B3 emulation of any non-clonewheel keyboard out there), and a Hammond XK3c (because, dammit, I really wanted a clonewheel, and it makes a fantastic controller as welll).

Cheers!

Jeff in Boston, MA