INTEGRA-7 Sound Editor for Windows

Forum for Integra 7
Macska

Re: INTEGRA-7 Sound Editor for Windows

Post by Macska »

TornadoTed wrote:Would it be possible to tweak parameters in real time on the Integra 7 with it connected to a laptop with a USB cable while sequencing with the MPC via the MIDI in port?
Should work just fine! I use the Midi in from my midi controller along with the USB going to an iPad or PC all the time.
Grunwaldt

Post by Grunwaldt »

If anyone is having the 70% halt bug mentioned here, or have a fix or information about it please post here!

It only happens when you use MIDI through the USB connection from the Integra, both the "INTEGRA-7" and the "INTEGRA-7 CTRL", i tried both ports with the same result

When using the standard MIDI connections and cables from the Integra7 the problem does not happen, everything works as expected.
lol

Post by lol »

I believe it's because of the old user files of the editor, located in your user/application data folder (depending on the OS location may vary.)

You should try and delete everything in there, and reload the editor.

Hope it'll work for you!
Grunwaldt

Post by Grunwaldt »

I tried that several times, no luck.
TornadoTed

Post by TornadoTed »

Macska wrote:
TornadoTed wrote:Would it be possible to tweak parameters in real time on the Integra 7 with it connected to a laptop with a USB cable while sequencing with the MPC via the MIDI in port?
Should work just fine! I use the Midi in from my midi controller along with the USB going to an iPad or PC all the time.
I got it working, it was absolutely fantastic for 10 minutes until the hard drive died on my (ageing) laptop. If only I could do this on my Access Virus and DSI Prophet 12, absolutely crazy that MIDI is disabled when a USB cable is inserted.
Grunwaldt

Post by Grunwaldt »

About the 70%-halt-bug when synchronizing user patches with K_Take's editor, I got (with help from K_Take, who would be the coolest guy around) a solution.

Cause:

After installing the integra7 driver for Windows7 for the second time, it appended a "2- " to the USB MIDI ports, and it turns that the software looks for "INTEGRA-7" and "INTEGRA-7 CTRL" literally to adjust its timing somehow (K_Take knows i guess) and if it isn't none of these literal strings as ports they are handled as regular MIDI ports by the application, making impossible to perform the synch of user tones, although it looks like everything else works ok. It halts at 70% of the process which takes anormally longer too for some reason.

The solution:
Reinstall the Integra7 driver until you get rid of the "2- INTEGRA-7" and "2- INTEGRA-7 CTRL" and get the port names without the "2- " at the beginning.

I'm so happy that i sorted out this problem! And thanks to K_Take for all his help on finding what the issue was.

Hope this finding helps anyone with the same problem!

Good night,

Sergi
Zac James

Post by Zac James »

Actually,

You don't need to re-install the driver, just go into Windows Device Manager, under the View menu, select Show Hidden Devices. Right click and remove all the Integra-7 instances, reboot your machine and re-connect your Integra via USB and the numbered ghosts will be gone.

This is down to the way that Windows assigns USB device ID's when plugging and re-plugging devices. I get this on all of my Roland USB devices. TR-8 / JD-Xi / System-1 etc etc..
Grunwaldt

Post by Grunwaldt »

Ok thanks for the info Zac
Vensdale

Post by Vensdale »

Can someone suggest how to properly connect Roland A-PRO500 midi-keyboard (hooked up to PC by USB) and INTEGRA-7 (hooked up to PC by USB). In MIDI Setting Window I set MIDI In to INTEGRA-7, MIDI Out to INTEGRA-7, MIDI Keyboard to A-PRO 1. I pressing keyboard keys but I7 not responding. I tried other possible configurations too but none of them works. Preview button in editor works and I can hear preview phrase from INTEGRA-7. Where can be a problem?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Vensdale wrote:Can someone suggest how to properly connect Roland A-PRO500 midi-keyboard (hooked up to PC by USB) and INTEGRA-7 (hooked up to PC by USB). In MIDI Setting Window I set MIDI In to INTEGRA-7, MIDI Out to INTEGRA-7, MIDI Keyboard to A-PRO 1. I pressing keyboard keys but I7 not responding. I tried other possible configurations too but none of them works. Preview button in editor works and I can hear preview phrase from INTEGRA-7. Where can be a problem?
You have two options:

1- Using the USB Cables via the computer:
In order to Play the A-PRO 500's notes on the i-7, you will need that the DAW software on the PC to route the MIDI signals coming from the A-PRO 500 back to the i-7's MIDI USB interface.
For that you need to create an instrument track with MIDI IN from the A-PRO 500 and MIDI OUT to the Integra, on All channels or on specific MIDI IN / MIDI OUT channels. (this depends on the DAW being used)

2- Using a 5-PIN DIN Cable between the A-PRO 500's MIDI OUT and the Integra-7 5-Pin MIDI IN.
That's all you need. The A-PRO 500 can be set to play two channels, so you can use it for Layer or Splits, just by pressing the SPLIT, DUAL, LOWER, UPPER Buttons, provided you configured it properly.

I do prefer this one for playing, but you can set one or the other...
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

Grunwaldt wrote:About the 70%-halt-bug
Grunwaldt wrote:The solution:
Reinstall the Integra7 driver until you get rid of the "2- INTEGRA-7" and "2- INTEGRA-7 CTRL" and get the port names without the "2- " at the beginning.
Well that fixed it for me !! and thankyou K_Take for your excellent work :D My set up is

Roland G70
Roland JDXA
Integra 7
Roland Quad capture
Live 9.5
Win10 64

Ive had a lot of problems with Rolands i7 ipad editor dropping out constantly.. so I was looking for another solution .. Ive tried shifting frerquencies, and also used the camera connection kit , which although better wasnt perfect either, as I wanted to used the USB port for MIDI

My G70 is a 76 note and has a nice flat area on the left hand side where the ipad usually sits nicely .. the power cable goes in just about there, and it dawned on me that there is a PSU just under there that has probably been interfering with the WIFI to the ipad that has been causing all the trouble. Sure enough .. I moved it to the other side and it now works fine. I use dual monitors though, so to have a constant reference to the I7 is great on a bigger screen.

Live 9.5 doesent support VST3 (unbelievable) which is the format of Rolands editor, so its only this one and the ipad that works for me

Thanks again K_Take .. also and Hello everyone !! my first post :)
jengelbr

Post by jengelbr »

Great piece of software, well done K_Take, you've really done an outstanding job!

Have one problem, it seems my controller is not MIDIing through to the Integra. It's not my hardware, everything works fine through my DAW. Is there a setup I've missed? My controller is a Kronos X, my MIDI interfaces are MIDIman 4x4's, and no, I am not using the Integra's USB interface. (bg) Appreciate any help or suggestions, thanks! Jon E.
bluesplayer

Post by bluesplayer »

I also want to thank K_Take - ahead of time I won't have I7 for three more days.

I've been following this thread since the I7 came out and K_Take posted about this editor over three years ago!

My I7 arrives, as I said, in three days and where it will go in my rack will make it hard (physically) to sit at desk and use DAW and adjust/program tones .

Initially I didn't buy an I7 simply becasue there was no PC editor and frankly if K_Take, Roland, or someone hadn't come out with at least a rudimentary editor (and this is more than that from what I see) I'd have completely forgotten all about the I7 and scratched it off my "to obtain" list.

I already have both an XV-5080, fully SR-JV and SRX populated, as well as a Fantom XR, also fully SRX populated, and I have editors for each of those units! So other than SN sounds, an I7 was a redundant "nice to have." I was actually thinking of dumping XR and replacing it with another XV-5080 (that unit is STILL a studio workhorse) - now I'll just dump the XR to free up rack space.

I've had other equipment to buy as well but thanks to K_Take the I7 was moved off the "never mind" list to the "I'll get one (soon)" list - and soon is here.

Again Kudos and thanks to K_Take
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

bluesplayer wrote:I also want to thank K_Take - ahead of time I won't have I7 for three more days.

I've been following this thread since the I7 came out and K_Take posted about this editor over three years ago!

My I7 arrives, as I said, in three days and where it will go in my rack will make it hard (physically) to sit at desk and use DAW and adjust/program tones .

Initially I didn't buy an I7 simply becasue there was no PC editor and frankly if K_Take, Roland, or someone hadn't come out with at least a rudimentary editor (and this is more than that from what I see) I'd have completely forgotten all about the I7 and scratched it off my "to obtain" list.

I already have both an XV-5080, fully SR-JV and SRX populated, as well as a Fantom XR, also fully SRX populated, and I have editors for each of those units! So other than SN sounds, an I7 was a redundant "nice to have." I was actually thinking of dumping XR and replacing it with another XV-5080 (that unit is STILL a studio workhorse) - now I'll just dump the XR to free up rack space.

I've had other equipment to buy as well but thanks to K_Take the I7 was moved off the "never mind" list to the "I'll get one (soon)" list - and soon is here.

Again Kudos and thanks to K_Take

K_Take's stand alone Editors are just AWESOME!!!
I've used both Windows and OSX versions

Now... Regarding the I-7, and coming from a guy that had a Fantom Xa and a SonicCell as far as PCM based Roland sounds is concerned (no SRX cards), with the I-7 I could replace almost all my sounds by Supernatural ones, like: Acoustic Pianos, Acoustic, electric and Lead guitars (mix of a SN and a PCM patches), Violins, drums, basses, etc

I do use some of the SRX based, specially the Orchestral SRX sounds that for me are stunning

I barely use the editor these days, as I prefer to have all tweaked in advance and then just to be able to choose from my big palette of sounds quickly with no editing involved, just by switching MIDI channels and StudioSets.

All my live tweaking is limited to Cutoff and resonance on the Lead synths, but as my lead synth is now a Novation MiniNova driven by an old PCR-500, I now have all kinds of parameter tweak possibilities on that little but awesome board. ;-)
Grunwaldt

Post by Grunwaldt »

K_Take's editor has made me not touch the front panel of my Integra7 since I bought it, except for some system settings. It's an awesome piece of software. So I agree with PauloF!