INTEGRA-7 Sound Editor for Windows

Forum for Integra 7
GAJ52

Re: INTEGRA-7 Sound Editor for Windows

Post by GAJ52 »

I'm using Windows 10 64 bit and fully up to date.

I have downloaded the latest Sound Editor version 1.41 but the .exe won't run, I just get the cursor busy symbol for a few seconds then back to the desktop. Previous versions run fine, any idea what might be wrong ? I have checked Net 4.6.2 is installed.

Glen
MatroSwe

Post by MatroSwe »

GAJ52 wrote:I'm using Windows 10 64 bit and fully up to date.

I have downloaded the latest Sound Editor version 1.41 but the .exe won't run, I just get the cursor busy symbol for a few seconds then back to the desktop. Previous versions run fine, any idea what might be wrong ? I have checked Net 4.6.2 is installed.

Glen
Have you tried to run it in compatible mode?
GAJ52

Post by GAJ52 »

[/quote]Have you tried to run it in compatible mode?[/quote]

Many thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately it did not help, even in Compatible mode it would not run.

I have re-downloaded the 1.41 file thinking it may have been corrupted but that didn't help either. I assume nobody else is having this problem ?
robbie50

Post by robbie50 »

I have:
Win 10
PC 64 bits....Download Editor 1.41 NO problem here.....!
GAJ52

Post by GAJ52 »

robbie50 wrote:I have:
Win 10
PC 64 bits....Download Editor 1.41 NO problem here.....!
Ok thanks, very strange all the other versions work normally. Looks like I will have to stick with 1.40 and hope a 1.42 comes along.
sino13

Post by sino13 »

Integrated wrote:Any news ? Did K-Take reply ?
Nope. Never replied..
husker

Post by husker »

What is the benefit of this editor over the one provided by Roland? Buying my Integra tomorrow, and want to use the best one.
bluesplayer

Post by bluesplayer »

They are not mutually exclusive you can install and run both they don't step on each other in any way (unless you try to edit the I7 simultaneously with both editors it - but why woudl you?). I have BOTH installed in SAME directory (I call it "Roland Integar Editors) together they don't quit use 13 MB's of HD space!

k_takes .exe (a STANDALONE editor) takes up all of 3.258 MB's of space (not counting the manual in pdf format) while Roland's VST3 (REQUIRES a HOST to use it - a DAW or SAVI host to use it) takes up 5.75 MBs (excluding pdf manual)

I 95% prefer the STANDALONE nature of K_takes editor (plus it was around years before Roland's) because i'm usually tone/patch/studio set editing OUTSIDE a DAW for use with external controllers. And if you think you want to edit I7 sounds while using your DAW you can STILL bring up K-Takes editor in standalone at same time.

Just install and try each one then use the one YOU LIKE best (they aren't radically different if you can use one - you can figure out the other in a few minutes)
husker

Post by husker »

Thank you Blues, exactly the information I was looking for.
sino13

Post by sino13 »

K_Take is much much better then the Roland VST editor purely because things are better organized.

You will be much faster with KTake. Roland VST have smaller selectors. Example when you are selecting PCM waves you do not see what you are selecting. There is a fader and you cayn turn it left or right. With KTake you have nice drop down and selectors and you see what you are selecting. Such little things which help a lot.

Only drawback is that you will have to keep separate files for your session with KTake while Roland VST load inside your VST daw session as a plugin automatically.

Note: Roland VST editor is VST3 only. So your DAW must support VST3 in order to work with it. Some DAW's still only support VST 2.4 standard.