I7 MIDI

Forum for Integra 7
m3m

I7 MIDI

Post by m3m »

Hallo,

I am thinking of buying Integra 7, but I need to know this:
My live keyboard is Kurzweil PC3 + Roland VP-550.
Is this possible? :
- I will go from Kurzweil PC3 MIDI Out to Integra MIDI In, I will play on Kurzweil keyboard
and hear sound from kurzweil and from Integra too.. and I will change sound type on Integra
when I change setup in Kurzweil. Kurzweil can send MIDI data channel/program number.
Will this Integra 7 recognize? I will play only one part of 16 in one time, for example always midi channel 16.
Is it possible to set Integra 7, that it will receive changes and play to output only MIDI channel 16 and another it ignore? Because I have two MIDI out from Kurzweil, both are mirrored... One go to Roland VP-550, another will go to I7..
Thank you for answer.
PauloF

Re: I7 MIDI

Post by PauloF »

m3m wrote:Hallo,

I am thinking of buying Integra 7, but I need to know this:
My live keyboard is Kurzweil PC3 + Roland VP-550.
Is this possible? :
- I will go from Kurzweil PC3 MIDI Out to Integra MIDI In, I will play on Kurzweil keyboard
and hear sound from kurzweil and from Integra too.. and I will change sound type on Integra
when I change setup in Kurzweil. Kurzweil can send MIDI data channel/program number.
Will this Integra 7 recognize? I will play only one part of 16 in one time, for example always midi channel 16.
Is it possible to set Integra 7, that it will receive changes and play to output only MIDI channel 16 and another it ignore? Because I have two MIDI out from Kurzweil, both are mirrored... One go to Roland VP-550, another will go to I7..
Thank you for answer.
The short answer to that is YES to all, but I can elaborate later at home as I'm answering from my iPhone at lunch time ;-)
m3m

Post by m3m »

Thx and bon appetit :)

Next question:
- Can I select Studio set in Integra-7 via MIDI interface with my Kurzweil PC3?
- When in one Studio set I select 4 slots for SRX, is it possible to set another 4 SRX
in another Studio set, or it need change something in "deep menu" of device?
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

1) Yes, you can change the studio set by midi program change command (at the moment I can't tell you details)
2) No, you cannot change the SRX slots by changing the studio set. There is no 'one touch' possibility to change the expansions, you have to do it manually via Integra panel or ipad, it takes about 30 seconds if you are trained to do it quickly.
rolandvet

Post by rolandvet »

I have a PC3 I'm using to control my Integra, and I can say yes to all of your questions except the one about changing expansion cards when you select studio sets which, as others have said, can't be done.

The PC3 has an amazingly high level of flexible programming capability, more than any other keyboard I've ever owned. It's not easy to do--the architecture is incredibly difficult to understand--but it can be done. For example, I've managed to simple programming like having a pitch wheel send an 8x control channel to modify the "performance variation" for a given patch. My next challenge is to see if I can program the PC3 slider to control the Integra's tonewheel drawbars. If I can do this, it will be a gigantic achievement (for me, anyway).
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

rolandvet wrote:I have a PC3 I'm using to control my Integra, and I can say yes to all of your questions except the one about changing expansion cards when you select studio sets which, as others have said, can't be done.

The PC3 has an amazingly high level of flexible programming capability, more than any other keyboard I've ever owned. It's not easy to do--the architecture is incredibly difficult to understand--but it can be done. For example, I've managed to simple programming like having a pitch wheel send an 8x control channel to modify the "performance variation" for a given patch. My next challenge is to see if I can program the PC3 slider to control the Integra's tonewheel drawbars. If I can do this, it will be a gigantic achievement (for me, anyway).
You should be provided you manage to send PC3 SysEx messages to the I-7 which I don't know if that's possible...