Integra 7 as audio input???

Forum for Integra 7
thamobb

Integra 7 as audio input???

Post by thamobb »

Is there a workaround where i can NOT have my integra 7 as the in input so I can route my microphone to my duet 2? Right now I have it set up as a 16 part external instrument plug-in in logic, the integra as the main audio input in logic, and connecting it via usb to my laptop. Is there a workaround in my setup where I could not have the integra as the main input so I could make my duet 2 audio interface the main input in logic?
hobbit

Re: Integra 7 as audio input???

Post by hobbit »

Since you can only select one AUDIO IN device at a time in Logic (menu "Logic Pro / Preferences /Audio") you have to decide whether this is your I7 or your Apogee Duet 2. Of course you can select your Duet 2 as AUDIO IN device, but then Logic does't provide you with the audio signals of I7 on the external instrument plug-in any more. The only "workaround" I can see has some BIG disadvantages: Plug your microphone into the audio input of I7 (instead of duet 2) => very limited possibility of audio processing within I7 (only level and effects) AND it's all mixed to one stereo output within I7 before being transmitted to Logic, so you can't process the sounds of I7 separately in Logic any more. Not a workaround but a real solution would be to get an audio interface with at least 4 audio input channels so that you can connect the I7 audio output to your interface (which would be the AUDIO IN device for Logic).

Regards, Hobbit.
memphis12

Post by memphis12 »

Thanks for the answer. :)
apex

Post by apex »

Or he could have created an aggregate device and combined the inputs and outputs of both devices (the i7 and the duet) and created one big audio interface.