New Integra V2.x VST official editor for WINDOWS!

Forum for Integra 7
progressivefusion

Re: New Integra V2.x VST official editor for WINDOWS!

Post by progressivefusion »

It doesn't work!

Integra 7
Cubase 7 and 7.5
Fantom X8

Device manager I clear IN and OUT midi CTRL
Integra EDITOR I choose MIDI IN AND OUT as INTEGRA CTRL

Preview button works, Editor works
When I play fantom X8 Cubase and Integra editor blink but no sounds
When I record in track I record notes but no sound
Tino64

Post by Tino64 »

progressivefusion wrote:It doesn't work!

Integra 7
Cubase 7 and 7.5
Fantom X8

Device manager I clear IN and OUT midi CTRL
Integra EDITOR I choose MIDI IN AND OUT as INTEGRA CTRL

Preview button works, Editor works
When I play fantom X8 Cubase and Integra editor blink but no sounds
When I record in track I record notes but no sound
Same thing here - MIDI iN blinks on the VST window but no MIDI OUT to the integra when playing.
I have to do an separate MIDI track to be able to play and record!
Macska

Post by Macska »

Yes I noticed that too, you have to do separate midi tracks to control it, even for midi input.

My thinking is this is because you can edit all 16 channels from the editor and the Integra is only capable of playing on those 16 channels at once. So it would be a bit useless to have a vst for every track unless you wanted the settings for each individual track to be automatically visible at once.

It is strange that they wouldn't allow for a midi controller to at least communicate through the track. I suppose that is because there is Integra on In and Out, and no option for "midi controller" like there is in the K_Take editor.

I think the idea is to open the editor to control the parameters, and then sequence everything else like you did before you had an editor, through multiple tracks.

Makes sense to me I guess, but it did take a minute for me to realize that. Hope I don't sound like a Roland rep or something, I am enjoying having the editor and it works for what I needed!
Tino64

Post by Tino64 »

Macska wrote:Yes I noticed that too, you have to do separate midi tracks to control it, even for midi input.

My thinking is this is because you can edit all 16 channels from the editor and the Integra is only capable of playing on those 16 channels at once. So it would be a bit useless to have a vst for every track unless you wanted the settings for each individual track to be automatically visible at once.

It is strange that they wouldn't allow for a midi controller to at least communicate through the track. I suppose that is because there is Integra on In and Out, and no option for "midi controller" like there is in the K_Take editor.

I think the idea is to open the editor to control the parameters, and then sequence everything else like you did before you had an editor, through multiple tracks.

Makes sense to me I guess, but it did take a minute for me to realize that. Hope I don't sound like a Roland rep or something, I am enjoying having the editor and it works for what I needed!
Sure but I don`t think it shall be like that....
IE If you use the Integra ASIO driver you get Audio and midi trough one VST track.
Thats the BIG deal with vst tracks!

Should not compare editors but the Yamaha editor has 16 channels in song mode and I get Audio/MIDI trough it on one VST track!

Still maybe you are right and my workaround (as I thought it was:) is the right way to do it!
Grunwaldt

Post by Grunwaldt »

As I see it, the only advantadge of an editor as VST would be automation on rare parameters, don't know if that's possible with this editor, in any other case this software is kinda pointless. Also Roland mentions "almost" all parameters for PCMS can be edited, almost. What's missing? dunno, but K_Take's editor controls everything.
progressivefusion

Post by progressivefusion »

What means "separate midi track"?
I cannot listen to sounds even in a "instrument track" with event midi in it. I can change all parameter of intengra but no sounds. Only preview sounds.
Tino64

Post by Tino64 »

It mite be useful to program sounds with! I got it to work as an standalone in vsthostx64!
So I probably run it more that way than as an VST.

As said before it,s huge - I don`t get the design choice on that...sure I am old but I am not Blind:)
Tino64

Post by Tino64 »

progressivefusion wrote:What means "separate midi track"?
I cannot listen to sounds even in a "instrument track" with event midi in it. I can change all parameter of intengra but no sounds. Only preview sounds.
Besides that Instrument track!
Make an MIDI track with your Controller as an MIDI input and the Integra as MIDI output.

On the Yamaha Editor there is an button for midi trough - ON/OFF!
Don`t know why Roland left that out...
Mike Vee

Post by Mike Vee »

The thing is, you're going to need more than 1 midi track anyway - so in cubase when it asks you to create midi track after you load the editor, say no. Then, add 1-16 midi tracks pointing to the integra 1-16. Easy. Honestly you don't even want the editor to send midi. Also, be Sure to add it in the instrument rack. VST editors cannot be on instrument tracks.
electrow

Post by electrow »

I thought for sure one of the reasons for making it VST 3 was so it would be possible to to transfer tone names to the inspector in cubase and to organize patch names in mediabay. But no way.

I like the editor except it seems to be able to go through the tones you have to use the mouse: one click at a time.....
BBach

Post by BBach »

Not to be a whiner but, The editing of individual drum instruments does not seem to work except on a few random drums. Also trying to set the values on the scale page with a mouse (I see no other way) is almost impossible to land on the value you want. Perhaps I am missing something. Has anyone else tried these parameters?
Integrated

Post by Integrated »

Grunwaldt wrote:As I see it, the only advantadge of an editor as VST would be automation on rare parameters
The advantages I found are:

- Everything gets loaded including the expansions! So you load your Sequencer project and all is done.
- You can save everything to vstpresets and swap through them without reloading the sessions.
- the complete parameter automation is very easy now
Tino64

Post by Tino64 »

Integrated wrote:
Grunwaldt wrote:As I see it, the only advantadge of an editor as VST would be automation on rare parameters
The advantages I found are:

- Everything gets loaded including the expansions! So you load your Sequencer project and all is done.
- You can save everything to vstpresets and swap through them without reloading the sessions.
- the complete parameter automation is very easy now
I got everything working except Expansions, when I press I press the EXPANSION button, I get an script error?

I know one other user said they had the same problem, but it,s working for you?

I don`t change expansions much but it would be nice if I had that working to!
Mike Vee

Post by Mike Vee »

Tino64 wrote: I got everything working except Expansions, when I press I press the EXPANSION button, I get an script error?

u get and error AND they don't load?
Tino64

Post by Tino64 »

Mike Vee wrote:
Tino64 wrote: I got everything working except Expansions, when I press I press the EXPANSION button, I get an script error?

u get and error AND they don't load?
Yes after that error. the EXP page is dead! Nothing happens when pressing the load button!

Am I the only one with this error?
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (75.22 KiB) Viewed 1187 times