Is it worth buying integra 7

Forum for Integra 7
singhor

Is it worth buying integra 7

Post by singhor »

Hi Everybody, I just want to know will it be a good addition If I purchase Integra 7. I have Jupiter 80 already. My purpose is live performance & hope to compose songs in near future. I like all of popular & vintage sounds of JV & XP series. Can Integra give all of them? Or do I have to find an old JV5080 & JV cards? Can I say if I buy Integra 7 I have almost all factory made good sounds of roland? My preference is more acoustic sounds rather than more synths. Will it be possible to use Jupiter 80 sounds plus Integra sounds both together at the same time? whether upper or as lower? I had GW8E and sold last month to upgrade my set up. I'm really pleased with sound quality of Roland factory made sounds. Finally what are the barriers of Integra 7 for various applications. I humbly request all the professionals & pioneers here in this forum your ideas & suggestions.Thank you.
robbie50

Re: Is it worth buying integra 7

Post by robbie50 »

http://www.roland.com/support/article/? ... NTEGRA%2D7

Download Integra7 sound list en read!

robbie
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

If you look up the information about the original SRX boards on rolandus.com, you fill find which JV expansion boards are completely or partly included in the SRX boards 06 to 09 and therefore included in the Integra. According to my memory, several SR-JV boards are not part of the SRX library, e.g. only a few sounds/waveforms of the JV 'Session' board were included in the SRX 07, and only very few sounds of the SR-JV board 'Country' were included in the SRX 09. But the Integra surely covers the majority of past Roland sounds; you could consider buying a cheap JV1010 module with 2 JV expansion boards in addition.
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

The Integra-7 basically has an XV-5080 sound engine, which means you get all of the JV series waves PLUS 100+ JD-990 waveforms. In addition, it can play waveforms in stereo like an XV-5080. It makes an excellent companion to the Jupiter-80 because you then have the ability to mix and match so many PCM, VA and SN sounds.

With 6000 sounds, it is hard to go wrong with an Integra-7, but it just comes down to the sounds you are after and if it meets your needs. The only caveat I will add is that I still kept my JV's and XV because some of the SR-JV expansion board sounds that I use extensively were not included on the SRX boards. The XV-5080 can take 4 SR-JV boards and 4 SRX boards which means you get the best of both worlds. The XV-5080 can also import and playback sample material from a SCSI port with additional RAM installed. But it does not have Supernatural or motional surround.

Choices, choices, choices...so many and so little time. Which ever way you go, you can't go wrong with either choice.