Monkey Man

Re: Integra-7 Sound Editor for OSX

Post by Monkey Man »

Thank you, K_Take.

Domo arigatou!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote:Thank you, SepticUnderground. Yes, I've heard they're great. I do appreciate your effort to help.

I need to be able to monitor around 70 ins at once, all submixed to "drums", "bass" and "other", and record any or all of these (70, not the submixes) sources at once. The cheapest, best-sounding way to achieve this, AFAIK, is with MOTU's AVB system. CueMix with the PCIe interfaces has always worked flawlessly for me, but those new converters have thrown a spanner in the works.

Also, I've been wedded to MOTU since the '90s and intend to stay there for MIDI and audio hardware along with DP.

Sorry folks for this distraction. I won't discuss this further if I can help it, so... back on topic!

K_Take, thank you again for all your effort. Please keep it up, bro'!
Nicky
Hi Nicky,
MOTU's AVB system would be awesome, but is it very expensive :-(

The MOTU Ultralite AVB (18/18) costs twice of a similar Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (which is the one I was pointing to)

MOTU Ultralite 18/18 AVB= € 699,00
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 = € 349,00

Hummm.... too expensive for what I do, but really need at least 10 INPUTs, so let's see....

Take care
P-Man :)
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

P-Man, brother!

Well, compared to my PCI-424 system (3x24I/Os), it's way cheaper, like 40% less or something. Also, the 24Ai, 24Ao and 16A all give best bang-for-the-buck on the market as far as decent channel counts and insane-quality conversion are concerned. At least, this is how I see it. As for the Ultralite, I haven't looked at it at all 'cause of my high channel-count requirements, so I'll take your word for it, bro'.

Good news 'though: MOTU recently tweaked the USB2 driver to enable... wait for it... 64 inputs and 64 outputs simultaneously to and from your computer. Quite a feat when you think about it seeing as the previous USB2 limit was 24/24. This means I'll finally be able to jump onboard, provided I'm prepared to sell off some MIDI gear to reduce channel-count demand. I'll probably have to sell the Nova and 2 Yammy XS Racks... but never the INTEGRA (still gonna get that 2nd one - hole in the rack waiting for the day which'll probably be next year).

I appreciate that the Ultralite's beyond what you expected to have to pay in your budget, but dude, if the AD/DA quality is anything like the units I mentioned (and the rest of the AVB line released after July last year), I'd say it'd be worth every cent. Mixing and EQing will be easier and everything would sound more pristine. I'll be running the system at 44.1/24 to achieve the full channel count, but I expect to be blown away by the quality even at these settings. Apparently, even the difference between the sound of my 24I/O system and the AVB line is night and day. They're that good. Easily as good as the Apogee Symphony, possibly more so, but at least as good. Seen what Apogee gear costs? Therein, my good bud, lies the value. The expansion and routing options are just icing on the cake, even if it's very thick icing!

As always, take care brother P-Man, and continue to be cool but not cold.

K_Take, we haven't forgotten about you - you da man, man. Again, domo arigatou!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote:P-Man, brother!

Well, compared to my PCI-424 system (3x24I/Os), it's way cheaper, like 40% less or something. Also, the 24Ai, 24Ao and 16A all give best bang-for-the-buck on the market as far as decent channel counts and insane-quality conversion are concerned. At least, this is how I see it. As for the Ultralite, I haven't looked at it at all 'cause of my high channel-count requirements, so I'll take your word for it, bro'.

Good news 'though: MOTU recently tweaked the USB2 driver to enable... wait for it... 64 inputs and 64 outputs simultaneously to and from your computer. Quite a feat when you think about it seeing as the previous USB2 limit was 24/24. This means I'll finally be able to jump onboard, provided I'm prepared to sell off some MIDI gear to reduce channel-count demand. I'll probably have to sell the Nova and 2 Yammy XS Racks... but never the INTEGRA (still gonna get that 2nd one - hole in the rack waiting for the day which'll probably be next year).

I appreciate that the Ultralite's beyond what you expected to have to pay in your budget, but dude, if the AD/DA quality is anything like the units I mentioned (and the rest of the AVB line released after July last year), I'd say it'd be worth every cent. Mixing and EQing will be easier and everything would sound more pristine. I'll be running the system at 44.1/24 to achieve the full channel count, but I expect to be blown away by the quality even at these settings. Apparently, even the difference between the sound of my 24I/O system and the AVB line is night and day. They're that good. Easily as good as the Apogee Symphony, possibly more so, but at least as good. Seen what Apogee gear costs? Therein, my good bud, lies the value. The expansion and routing options are just icing on the cake, even if it's very thick icing!

As always, take care brother P-Man, and continue to be cool but not cold.

K_Take, we haven't forgotten about you - you da man, man. Again, domo arigatou!
Hi Nicky,
Thanks for the detailed info and heads-up on the MOTU AVB.

In my case I just had to decide to to get something to replace the sold presonus AudioBox 1818 VSL that never convinced me... and just got a Focusrite Scarlett 18i18 for € 325,00

18 Inputs, 8 Outputs, Flexible MIXER and Routing system, very low latency, very stable, pristine sound quality and very low harmonic distortion.
I can even use it as an aggregate device under Yosemite together with the MOXF which leads me to be able to connect all my Synths without compromising the quality nor flexibility with a total of 12 Analogue channels, 2 SPDIF and 8 ADAT.

I'm very happy with it so far and now I can record Drums, Bass, Leads, Synths, Guitars in one pass (provided I have enough hands to play it lol )

Bcool NotCold... that's a good one ;-)

Take care
P-Man
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Ha!

Yeah, I was just fillin' you in on the MOTU thing, bro'. A sort of "heads up", I s'pose.

Glad to hear you're happy with the ƒocusrite, man. Awesome!

The "be cool" thing is what the coolest chick I ever met wrote in a card she gave me for my 21st birthday... almost 3 decades ago. I knew her from age 13 to 21. I'm still single and hope, probably uselessly, that somehow I'll bump into her again one day. She's 3 days younger than me, and the best personality-fit (for me) I've ever met. I'm not on FB, Twitter and so on so it'll probably never happen, but hey.

I'm tellin' you all this 'cause that was actually the first time I've ever repeated the phrase to anyone. You must be a special dude, homes! Hey, If I never see her again I could always marry you. LOL

Take care, P-Man, and keep being a dude, man.
Nicky
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote:Ha!

Yeah, I was just fillin' you in on the MOTU thing, bro'. A sort of "heads up", I s'pose.

Glad to hear you're happy with the ƒocusrite, man. Awesome!

The "be cool" thing is what the coolest chick I ever met wrote in a card she gave me for my 21st birthday... almost 3 decades ago. I knew her from age 13 to 21. I'm still single and hope, probably uselessly, that somehow I'll bump into her again one day. She's 3 days younger than me, and the best personality-fit (for me) I've ever met. I'm not on FB, Twitter and so on so it'll probably never happen, but hey.

I'm tellin' you all this 'cause that was actually the first time I've ever repeated the phrase to anyone. You must be a special dude, homes! Hey, If I never see her again I could always marry you. LOL

Take care, P-Man, and keep being a dude, man.
Nicky
Yeah...LOL

I'm sure you will see her again.
If I was you I would try to find her again.
Take care and keep that spirit ;-)
Cheers,
Paulo
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

I tried but lost contact with her parents when one of them died.

Thank you for the encouragement 'though, P-Boy!

You da man, dude, and you da dude, man.
Nicky
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote:I tried but lost contact with her parents when one of them died.

Thank you for the encouragement 'though, P-Boy!

You da man, dude, and you da dude, man.
Nicky
This is completely off topic... :-P

I'm not a fan of those things either, but social networks like FB would be a very good way to start looking ;-)
Who knows... a friend of a friend...
Take care
P-Man
K_Take

Post by K_Take »

Integra-7 Sound Editor for OSX ver1.33 released.
http://synth-voice.sakura.ne.jp/Integra ... glish.html

Enhancements : Added SNS Partial Select.
Enhancements : Updated Category Search Keyboard Operation.
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

PauloF wrote:I'm not a fan of those things either, but social networks like FB would be a very good way to start looking ;-)
Who knows... a friend of a friend...
Take care
P-Man
You're so right, Paulo. Just scares the Hell out of me.

Sorry for the distraction, folks.
K_Take wrote:Integra-7 Sound Editor for OSX ver1.33 released.
http://synth-voice.sakura.ne.jp/Integra ... glish.html

Enhancements : Added SNS Partial Select.
Enhancements : Updated Category Search Keyboard Operation.
K_Take, do you ever sleep, mate? Crikey! A new version in the time it took us to have a distracting conversation. Amazing! Wow.

As always, domo arigatou, mate!
K_Take

Post by K_Take »

Integra-7 Sound Editor for OSX ver 1.35 released.
https://synth-voice.sakura.ne.jp/Integr ... glish.html
Enhancements : Added PCMS and PCMD Partial Select.
Enhancements : Updated Virtual Slots Loading logic.(Loop Bug Fixed)
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

K_Take's on the ball as ever.

Thank you, mate! Well done, K_Take.

Still haven't used it as I'm waiting 'til I get the 2nd INTEGRA and a couple of long USB cables if needed, although I think your editor doesn't require them... maybe...
K_Take

Post by K_Take »

Integra-7 Sound Editor for OSX ver1.37
https://synth-voice.sakura.ne.jp/Integr ... glish.html

OSX 10.11 El Capitan supported.

Please install latest driver and update Integra-7 System ver1.21.
http://www.roland.com/support/by_produc ... s_drivers/
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Crumpets!

If only Roland were this diligent.

Arigatou, as always, K_Take!