Integra-7 Sound Editor for OSX

Forum for Integra 7
K_Take

Integra-7 Sound Editor for OSX

Post by K_Take »

Integra-7 Sound Editor for OSX Ver 1.00
http://synth-voice.sakura.ne.jp/Integra ... glish.html

This Editor is Stand Alone Editor.(not VSTi/AU Plugin Editor)

Memory: 1GB for This Editor.
Display: 1333 x 768 resolution.

Known Issues:
Starting of application is very slow on OSX 10.9 Mavericks.
SepticUnderground

Re: Integra-7 Sound Editor for OSX

Post by SepticUnderground »

K_take , you finally delivered!!

Kudos to you, much appreciated!!!!

That OSX version looks (just like your FS1R) very clear and neat, much better than Rolands dark UI on the v2 of the editor

Many thanks!
Grunwaldt

Post by Grunwaldt »

Good job!

Although I use windows so it doesn't affect me.

Keep updating this editor please, if i find any bug i will post it here or email you. Thanks a lot K_Take i know how much time does creating an application take!
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Awesome! Well done and thank you, K_Take!

I'm a front-panel guy, but seeing as it's a stand-alone editor I'd like to be able to fall back on it if need be. There are a couple of things I need to clear up first though, if you don't mind my asking:

1) I haven't enough ports or even cables long enough for USB hookup; will standard MIDI connection work? If not, how about a generic USB hub (which I'd have to buy, along with long cables, especially for your app). Really though, I haven't and don't want to install the Roland USB driver (trying to keep system simple, and the installation notes' warning to "start computer with all USB cables disconnected" is more than enough to scare me away). FWIW, it was unclear from your site whether standard MIDI would work - it says: "USB cable or MIDI interface devices. (USB product, others)", which sounds promising... unless it's referring to playback and not editing. Still, my decision hangs on your response here...

2) The plan is to add more/newer-model Integras in the future. Will the app handle multiple units?

I very much hope this "softwares", to use the "internets" term, will work for me. Apart from anything else, I have almost zero confidence in Roland's commitment to on-going updates to the editor, but with you there is hope! I don't want to get into it only to be foiled by a Mac OS update. This is why I use MIDI hardware and no VIs - I simply won't hand money over to companies that may or may not provide continued compatibility with Digital Performer and OSX updates.

Once again, thank you so very, very much for K_Takin' the time to conjure up a Mac version, bro'. K_Take K_Takes the gold and is still the champion!

Nicky
K_Take

Post by K_Take »

1) I haven't enough ports or even cables long enough for USB hookup; will standard MIDI connection work?

This Editor is supported MIDI Interface Device.(I am testing by Roland UM-880 MIDI Interface.)

2) The plan is to add more/newer-model Integras in the future. Will the app handle multiple units?

It will think, if newer-model comes out.

This Editor is Standalone, so the compatibility with DAW does not exist.
I think that I will support OSX Yosemite or later.
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Brilliant; thank you K-Man!
K_Take wrote:This Editor is supported MIDI Interface Device.(I am testing by Roland UM-880 MIDI Interface.)
OK, so the MOTU MIDI Express XT USB should be fine. Superb!
Monkey Nuts wrote:The plan is to add more/newer-model Integras in the future. Will the app handle multiple units?
Then K_Take wrote:It will think, if newer-model comes out.
Sorry to press you on this, but will it support multiple I-7s hooked up at the same time? How do I select to edit a different I-7 if I have more than one?
K_Take wrote:This Editor is Standalone, so the compatibility with DAW does not exist.
Awesome, mate. Thank you. Yay!

Thank you ever so much once again, K_Take.
Nicky
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote:Brilliant; thank you K-Man!
K_Take wrote:This Editor is supported MIDI Interface Device.(I am testing by Roland UM-880 MIDI Interface.)
OK, so the MOTU MIDI Express XT USB should be fine. Superb!
Monkey Nuts wrote:The plan is to add more/newer-model Integras in the future. Will the app handle multiple units?
Then K_Take wrote:It will think, if newer-model comes out.
Sorry to press you on this, but will it support multiple I-7s hooked up at the same time? How do I select to edit a different I-7 if I have more than one?
K_Take wrote:This Editor is Standalone, so the compatibility with DAW does not exist.

Awesome, mate. Thank you. Yay!

Thank you ever so much once again, K_Take.
Nicky
Hi Nicky,
I'm using it with both the UM-3EX and UM-550 MIDI/USB interfaces

BTW, awesome work K_Take ;-)
Grunwaldt

Post by Grunwaldt »

It works with a standard MIDI interface (at least the Windows version). I've never used the USB on the integra7, and I've been using this editor via a MOTU Fastlane MIDI interface since day 1.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Grunwaldt wrote:It works with a standard MIDI interface (at least the Windows version). I've never used the USB on the integra7, and I've been using this editor via a MOTU Fastlane MIDI interface since day 1.
It works perfectly with both MIDI/USB interfaces and directly via USB !!!

So far the only problem is that takes AGES to load on Mavericks, but let's be fair. IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!!

Very good job K_Take (as always)
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Oh man, this is great news all 'round. Thank you fellas.

Still that matter of multiple units though... I wonder how one selects, say, unit "A"?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote:Oh man, this is great news all 'round. Thank you fellas.

Still that matter of multiple units though... I wonder how one selects, say, unit "A"?
Ahah, you won't give up getting more units, won't you?

;-)
SepticUnderground

Post by SepticUnderground »

Setting sysex device (on synth & on editor) to something else than (standard) 17 for each additional unit?
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

SepticUnderground wrote:Setting sysex device (on synth & on editor) to something else than (standard) 17 for each additional unit?
Good thinking, Oh Septic One. I won't install it 'till I know though, as it'd be pointless (or at least frustrating) if I were running multiple units. Thanks for that.
PauloF wrote:
Monkey Man wrote:Oh man, this is great news all 'round. Thank you fellas.

Ahah, you won't give up getting more units, won't you?

;-)
I want lots of units. Lots of I-7s. Tons of 'em. Pity it'll only be 2 or 3 and that it's not practical to ditch everything else and go to I-7 Heaven™ (I-7s only).

I'm laughin' too, P-Man. Roland really hit the jackpot with this thing, save for a few niggles we'd like to see ironed out with an update somehow (static part FX on programme change option, all sounds available at once etc.), or an updated model...

Geez, there I go again. Can't help banging' on about this thing.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote: I want lots of units. Lots of I-7s. Tons of 'em. Pity it'll only be 2 or 3 and that it's not practical to ditch everything else and go to I-7 Heaven™ (I-7s only).

I'm laughin' too, P-Man. Roland really hit the jackpot with this thing, save for a few niggles we'd like to see ironed out with an update somehow (static part FX on programme change option, all sounds available at once etc.), or an updated model...

Geez, there I go again. Can't help banging' on about this thing.
That's LOVE Man!

lol

Take care
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

PauloF wrote: That's LOVE Man!
Ya think?
PauloF wrote:Take care
Right back atchya bro'