Cubase 8 Pro

Forum for Integra 7
strangerdanger

Cubase 8 Pro

Post by strangerdanger »

I'm having trouble getting the Integra 7 VST editor to work in Cubase 8 Pro on a Mac Pro 4,1 OSX 10.9.5. it works on the same computer under Cubase 7.5.10.152.
Triptic

Re: Cubase 8 Pro

Post by Triptic »

Put the "INTEGRA7EditorVer2(x64).vst3" file directly to "Steinberg\Cubase 8 Pro\ VST3""

It's OK with Windows 7.... The plugin is recognised as VST and controls Integra 7
strangerdanger

Post by strangerdanger »

I'll try that thanks
strangerdanger

Post by strangerdanger »

That didn't work. For now I'm using it without the plugin in Cubase
Mike Vee

Post by Mike Vee »

Did you ever get this sorted? I am thinking of going with a new mac pro but this would be a HUGE problem because cubase and the integra are both key pieces in my studio and the editor MUST work. Why do updates always break so much stuff on macs? Seems like that's all i ever read about with macs. It scares me. You can still run software from 95 on windows 8.
MNordex

Post by MNordex »

Where can I find the "INTEGRA7EditorVer2(x64).vst3" file?
thenightflyer

Post by thenightflyer »

I have the same problem....Maverick OS X 10.9.5 and Cubase 8 doesn't find the editor. I tried to refresh the plug in manager too, reinstalled cubase and the editor but nothing happens. But if i use Cubase 7.5 it's recognized and work perfectly!
Maybe it's an issue of Cubase. I post a topic in stein berg forum too but for now no answers!
Mike Vee

Post by Mike Vee »

MNordex wrote:Where can I find the "INTEGRA7EditorVer2(x64).vst3" file?
Don't pay attention to that - dude has a PC solutions trying to give mac problem advice. Totally different structure.

This is a HUGE problem for me. If not this update, then another in a year that will kill the editor? Very scarey thinking any day a mac update could cripple my studio by rendering the editor useless.
strangerdanger

Post by strangerdanger »

I have never got this working. For now I'm using it as a regular external midi instrument which is a drag because the editor was so cool. I found a page on the Roland site that said the editor was incompatible with OS X 10.9 and cubase 7 so I'm assuming that they haven't worked it out for 8 either
Mike Vee

Post by Mike Vee »

strangerdanger wrote:I have never got this working. For now I'm using it as a regular external midi instrument which is a drag because the editor was so cool. I found a page on the Roland site that said the editor was incompatible with OS X 10.9 and cubase 7 so I'm assuming that they haven't worked it out for 8 either

That was editor V1 - V2 was certified up to Cubase 7.5- but that's what sucks about mac - Roland will probably never release another editor so you are screwed forever. That's why I will NEVER buy a mac.
MNordex

Post by MNordex »

I have a pc and Windows 7 and the editor didn't work on the trial version 7.5 and neither on version 8 and I really want it works because the ipad app isn't stabel enough.
Mike Vee

Post by Mike Vee »

MNordex wrote:I have a pc and Windows 7 and the editor didn't work on the trial version 7.5 and neither on version 8 and I really want it works because the ipad app isn't stabel enough.

What doesn't work about it? It's flawless on PC. There are a few little tricks to get it setup correctly, but overall it's perfect.

Here are my two most important tips. First, use the USB ONLY for the editor and ANOTHER midi channel of your interface for notes. Be SURE you are set to VENDOR in the midi settings. Be SURE that your
integra 7" midi channel is DISABLED in Cubase under device setup, then restart Cubase.

I will help you to get it working, just let me know - because it does work absolutely perfectly but Cubase is a little tricky with VST editors. There's a lot of routing involved.
strangerdanger

Post by strangerdanger »

For me on OSX the VST doesn't even show up in Cubase 8 Pro. The AU does show up in Ableton Live 9 but it doesn't actually change presets or perform any other function.
MNordex

Post by MNordex »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. What you said Í've already did but I can't find or see an Integra 7 editor... Where can I find it?
Grunwaldt

Post by Grunwaldt »

Using the K_Take's developed stand-alone editor since 2013 without problems here, Windows 7 64bit.