New with Integra 7

Forum for Integra 7
jggiano

Re: New with Integra 7

Post by jggiano »

Studio One Producer. I tried to install the driver for Win 8.1 and the install doesn't fully complete. But when I exit and try to install again--I'm told that the driver is already installed. I've unistalled and reinstalled--with the same results.

P.S. The video was very informative, but Integra doesn't show up as a VST in my Studio One.
nicusorb

Post by nicusorb »

Hi,

I make a new post and I hope to help me someone

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=49543

Regards,
lol

Post by lol »

The Integra-7 doesn't show up as a vst because it's a strictly hardware machine that needs to be addressed with MIDI, coming to its midi ports or to its usb midi ports. The editor however is a vst3 that allows you to remotely control the Integra from within your DAW.

So the Integra vst3 editor is inserted between your daw and your Integra module, and you need to understand the logic of this and properly route the editing signals back and forth from and to the Integra.

To get the sounds of the module to reach your DAW software you also need to send either the audio to the input of your audio interface, or to select the Integra as your audio interface, in which case you can only send a stereo mix and not the 16+1 channels.

Maybe you can regret Roland didn't integrate more features into its Integra, but Roland is not Yamaha and yes, the way their machines integrate a DAW is as antique as MIDI, and yes Yamaha is leaps forwards in this regards. Only thing is that the Yamaha Motif and MOX don't sound as good quite, nor come in a rack for the latest versions. If you want a full plug and play usb control surface experience, you should buy a Yamaha MOXF or a Motif instead.
jggiano

Post by jggiano »

Thanks for the additional input and suggestions. Yes, Yamaha is on my Wishlist!

Jim G