Integra 8 coming soon?

Forum for Integra 7
synthesizerplayer

Integra 8 coming soon?

Post by synthesizerplayer »

Greetings

The Price of the Integra has dropped significantly by 500$ it was 1999 before and now it is 1499 in US. In Canada it is 1649 now. Usually when this happens I have seen, it signals that newer model is about to be released.

I just got one a few weeks back, with NAMM around the corner we have to wait and see. Any other clan members have any views?

Regards
specialplant

Re: Integra 8 coming soon?

Post by specialplant »

In Europe, the Integra has even had a slight price increase to 1517 Euros. No sign of a price drop here. A new Integra would be great but I rate it unlikely.
muziksculp

Post by muziksculp »

synthesizerplayer wrote:Greetings

The Price of the Integra has dropped significantly by 500$ it was 1999 before and now it is 1499 in US. In Canada it is 1649 now. Usually when this happens I have seen, it signals that newer model is about to be released.

I just got one a few weeks back, with NAMM around the corner we have to wait and see. Any other clan members have any views?

Regards
Interesting observation.

I wouldn't mind to see an Integra-8 with a completely new set of PCM and Super Natural sounds. Much better Effects, especially the Reverb, an improved GUI for the VST-Editor. Will it really happen this Winter NAMM 2015 ? I have no clue, and wouldn't be betting it will happen. But if it did, I won't hesitate to add it to my setup. I guess we will have to wait and see ..
synthesizerplayer

Post by synthesizerplayer »

Hi

Yes, the last time this happened with the RD700 as I was looking at it for sometime. The the price fell by 500 too and within a few weeks there was an RD800 on the horizon.

What is different this time is that there is no countdown on the RolandConnect website. Hee hee perhaps they have a different strategy this time

Although I like the I7 as it is

Regards

SP
http://www.youtube.com/synthesizerplayer
FxProject

Post by FxProject »

Hello , no new integra in the horizon !!

Futur release of Roland are :
A small groove keyboard Jdxi ( with tr8 inside a analogic synth mono and à poly synth dérived from the integra sn synth inside)
a big analogic for april 2015
And 4 smalls expanders ! Rack1u with différent synthesis ,one per type of synthesis (in 2015 but no date)

Fx-project
http://www.mupiz.com/fxproject/winter-breathe-demo-mix
https://soundcloud.com/fx-project/mystic-land

JE SUIS CHARLIE
Happy

Post by Happy »

Really hoped for an enhanced/new Integra at NAMM 2015. The I7 is more than 2 years old now and I need some good acoustic sounds in rack form. The I7 still seems to still be the only viable choice, no other companies are coming out with something alike. In Europe it has not been discounted (yet?) Perhaps this will happen after the old stock depletes but the question is then still, why did it drop 25%? US$1499 is not bad, but an enhanced I7 (perhaps with sample loading) would be a better investment long term. Hopefully NAMM 2016.
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

I'd be wrapped if Roland added the JD and D-series synth engines (including those awesome JD filters of course) and allowed (defaulted to?) the loading of all the virtual boards.

There'd be practically no R&D involved in this; just a software tweak or two and the installation of more flash RAM.

It'd be killer, and I reckon virtually everyone would want one. I'd buy two. At least.
TJ80

Post by TJ80 »

An integra with a JD990 inside?

And its expansion boards?

And an update to the editor to include the JD parameters?

And editing from a JD800?

Mmmmm!
muziksculp

Post by muziksculp »

Given that the Integra-7 was released in 2012, and we are in 2015, what are the chances Roland will release a new Integra-8 this year ?
DNGmaestro

Post by DNGmaestro »

muziksculp wrote:Given that the Integra-7 was released in 2012, and we are in 2015, what are the chances Roland will release a new Integra-8 this year ?
Your GAS with workstations and romplers is outta control my friend lol
Happy

Post by Happy »

Wish Roland could make a clear statement there is not going to be an Integra 7 follow up in the next X years or so. That would making a decision to get an I7 or wait much easier.It's possibly too much wishful thinking though... :-)
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Agreed!

This wait is killin' me.

C'mon Roland. Please at least give us a hint!
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

I don't think it is useful to wait for an Integra 8 nervously. All companies have slowed down their pattern of releasing new models (e.g. Yamaha with the Motif), and Roland is particularly cautious to make big investments in higher priced instruments due to their economic situation and the restructuring of the company. The Integra-7 is obviously selling well, and Roland had, for the first time ever, provided access to all 12 SRX boards without having to buy them extra, and used SRX boards are still very expensive on Ebay. So I don't think they see a good financial reason to release an Integra 8 now, even if I would be excited about it.
What I hope is that Roland will release more handy units like the SonicCell, with a good part of the Integra sounds included (more than the FA sounds).
Happy

Post by Happy »

Retail store said they bought the last batch I7's recently and no more will be supplied from Roland.
Perhaps check it out with your local dealer.
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

My dealer just phoned the German Roland sales agent, his statement: Currently there is no plan to release a successor model of the Integra-7.