Axial Integra sets - are they all different?

Forum for Integra 7
stevel

Axial Integra sets - are they all different?

Post by stevel »

I asked this on the FA forum as well, but though I'd give it a shot here as well.

I've loaded the SLP set into my FA. I think it's 128 sounds.

I tried some of the other sets as well - Juno, D50, etc.

It looked like some were duplicates - the names were the same, but I seem to remember that a patch named something like D50 2 didn't sound the same as D50 2 from a different set - only the names were the same - I think - I'm not positive because once I thought the SLP had everything, I did a factory reset and reinstalled only the SLP sounds.

Some of those other sets only had 20 or so sounds in them, so It's highly possible they might be "subsets" of other sets.

So I'm wondering if there's a way to download and import only 1 to 3 or 4 sets and get everything currently available, or if it really is necessary to have all the sets and there'd be no duplication.

I don't want to use up ALL 512 of my user tones, but 256 of them would be OK as I doubt I'm going to create another 256 of my own sounds (I'll probably create around 30 or so for gigs).

TIA,
Steve
Monkey Man

Re: Axial Integra sets - are they all different?

Post by Monkey Man »

Easy, mate:

I installed the Synth Legends Studio Sets into locations 17-48, immediately following the factory ones. I figured I'd never use them, but what the heck, I only ever intend on using one or at most a few empty sets anyway and there are 64 slots.

I placed the Synth Legends presets into the Super Natural Synth User Bank locations 1-128.
The Synth Legends Pure presets went into the Super Natural Synth User Bank locations 129-256.
The Euro Attack Synth presets went into the Super Natural Synth User Bank locations 257-402.

Now, every other download is a subset of the above presets; I think they're used to create same-MIDI-channel stacks in the associated Studio Sets that come with the packs. You can choose to ignore them as I did, if you like.

The only issue I've still not resolved is which of the Synth Legends and Synth Legends Pure sets I should delete, as I'm not happy with having used 402 slots. If I were to delete one of these sets I'd only be using roughly 270 slots, little more than half those available. You seem to have chosen to keep the SLP set, which would've been my first preference as the SL one is just the same but with FX added. Assuming there's no "magic fairy dust" in the effected set that I can't easily conjure up with plug-ins, I'll probably go that way too.

I've been meaning to compare the two sets, one preset at a time, but haven't got around to it as the unit's not in proper use yet. I've not been looking forward to having to do this 'though, so please feel free to undertake the task and report back your findings, eh? Feedback that helps me make my mind up will be very much appreciated, mate.

Hope this helps, Steve.
Mike Vee

Post by Mike Vee »

Are you sure those are the only original sets?

What is "summer of 2014" a subset of? What about "super super saws" and "NYC remix collection"? ???
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Gee, I'm so glad you asked, Mike!

Firstly, it looks like I installed the NYC Nightlife Remix Collection early last year and forgot to update my install notes. I haven't switched the INTEGRA on since then (still "building" setup); I only remembered that I'd decided to ditch one of the SL sets (see previous post) and therefore had some sound auditioning to do, but had obviously forgotten that it was to free up room given that I'd just added another 29 presets to the User bank. Thanks to you, I now know it's imperative that I get this done, especially as:

There are 2 new sets that I'd not seen heads-up threads for. These are the other two Mike asked about. I gave up navigating to the axial site regularly early on in the piece when it seemed news of anything new would surely be posted here on the forum. Either I've missed these notifications somehow or nobody's issued them. It appears that Sounds of Summer 2014 and Super Super Saw are indeed not derivatives of the SL or SLP sets, at least, that's upon initial inspection. I've updated the original post to reflect this.

Thank you, Mike Vee for the timely alert!

EDIT: Well, I can't find a way to edit my initial response, so I'll repost the full list of original presets here:

Original, non-duplicated, non-derivative axial presets in order of appearance

Synth Legends (Synth Legends Pure + FX, so can be viewed as derivative)
Synth Legends Pure
Euro Attack Synth
NYC Nightlife Remix Collection
Sounds of Summer 2014
Super Super Saw
Mike Vee

Post by Mike Vee »

Haha! Just wanted to be sure because I hadn't loaded any of them yet. Didn't want duplicates or studio sets. Than you as well!!
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Much obliged, Mike.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote: Original, non-duplicated, non-derivative axial presets in order of appearance

Synth Legends (Synth Legends Pure + FX, so can be viewed as derivative)
Synth Legends Pure
Euro Attack Synth
NYC Nightlife Remix Collection
Sounds of Summer 2014
Super Super Saw
Wow M-Man! that is a great picture and great characters... in order of appearance... well...

you're inspired ;-)

Take care
Paulo
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Yeah. Inspired.

I created a full patch list in Cherry Picker way back when, not expecting any more new sounds after the NYC Nightlife Remix Collection bank.

Now I have to delete either the SLP or SL bank to make room for the new ones, and then edit the patch list. Still haven't fired the beastie up since back then, as there's really no point; I don't like to start things I can't finish. When the MOTU AVB system is in place in several months I'll be able to tackle this happy task... provided I can get Cherry Picker to work. Then again, I just remembered that whilst I've always used the app in the past, I had to do the entire INTEGRA set in... TextEdit!

Yeah. Inspired. Thanks man. If I'm inspired it's only 'cause You're inspiring, bro'. LOL
stevel

Post by stevel »

Thanks for the update.

I've kept the Synth Legends Pure.

I'm not sure I'll download the others as I'm not all that into the whole Trance EDM thing which is what most of this is geared to - and besides, if I'd do anything like that I'd want to create my own sounds.

As long as all the Juno, Jupiter, D-Series - the vintage synths are included in the SLP, I think I've got everything I want. Just wanted to make sure there weren't some Jupiter sounds in the Jupiter set that wasn't already in the SLP set.

I think I need to keep more slots empty because I'm probably going to have to take all the factory presets I commonly use, fix them (the volume, turn of the effects, etc.) and save those so I'll be using more slots.
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

I hear you, Stevel.

I'll probably keep the SLP bank too and ditch the one with effects.