Supportability with Windows 10?

Forum for Integra 7
UltimateOutsider

Re: Supportability with Windows 10?

Post by UltimateOutsider »

Happy wrote:Also tried the local Roland representative but after an initial "please wait" email response a few weeks ago, no email reply at all, even after trying to get an update.
I contacted Roland support about it last week (I'm an FA-06 owner). This was their response:
You are correct, it appears the keyboard / synth team has not yet added their products to the official listing. We do expect them to be added shortly, and do expect Windows 10 drivers to be released for both the FA-06/08 and the Integra-7.
Still no update as of today.
Happy

Post by Happy »

Roland could just have done a copy and paste of this page to list all products:
http://roland.com/support/article/?q=in ... d=63060593
+ then add any new products. Two minutes work of editing an HTML file to let the world+dog know Roland's official commitment for plans and status....Apparently that is too much to ask for.
Happy

Post by Happy »

Just got an update from Roland Japan via local rep. Integra7 and other synths are under test now. This is as "offical" as it gets apparently.
CalUKGR

Post by CalUKGR »

Thank god for this forum. I'll book mark this thread and keep an eye on it - so far, after installing Windows 10 to my PC, the Integra-7 driver issue has been the only compatibility issue I've encountered. I hope Roland release an updated driver soon. Thanks to everyone here for being on the case - I'll keep an eye out for developments!
bluesplayer

Post by bluesplayer »

This is why I'm glad HW still has 5-pin DIN MIDI connections. USB and FW are/were convenient but anything that needs a driver to use that interface will always be at risk in the NEXT OS, or NEXT OS Update, this includes Mac's.

I'm still running a GR-50 that I've had since Win 3.1. - runs just fine on 5 PIN MIDI.
Happy

Post by Happy »

Roland just send me this link.

http://www.roland.com/support/by_produc ... ers/350859

[One more down,.. still got a bunch of drivers not working]
rr2011

Post by rr2011 »

Cool!!
That's a step in the right direction -
Fingers crossed that the editors are ultimately supported as well!

Now to see what happens to support for the AX Synth (although I'm afraid it's not going to be good...)
Mr.Epyx

Post by Mr.Epyx »

There it is! ROLAND has just released the Windows 10 driver for INTEGRA-7. The new driver will automatically be downloaded in the background from the internet if a USB-connected INTEGRA-7 is turned on.

Anyhow I first deinstalled my old Win-8 drivers completely and put back my INTEGRA-7 into the carton. So there was no INTEGRA-7 device present anymore as "MIDI device" in the complete Windows 10 system. After receiving the new Info from ROLAND (Win 10 driver available, but without the need of installing something by hand) I reconnected my INTEGRA-7 and turned it on: Now INTEGRA-7 appears as available MIDI device in Windows 10 (and all Music Apps which let select MIDI devices) and AND IT WORKS. PERFECT.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Mr.Epyx wrote:There it is! ROLAND has just released the Windows 10 driver for INTEGRA-7. The new driver will automatically be downloaded in the background from the internet if a USB-connected INTEGRA-7 is turned on.

Anyhow I first deinstalled my old Win-8 drivers completely and put back my INTEGRA-7 into the carton. So there was no INTEGRA-7 device present anymore as "MIDI device" in the complete Windows 10 system. After receiving the new Info from ROLAND (Win 10 driver available, but without the need of installing something by hand) I reconnected my INTEGRA-7 and turned it on: Now INTEGRA-7 appears as available MIDI device in Windows 10 (and all Music Apps which let select MIDI devices) and AND IT WORKS. PERFECT.
I can confirm exactly the same as Mr.Epyx!

Well done Roland!