Supportability with Windows 10?

Forum for Integra 7
rr2011

Supportability with Windows 10?

Post by rr2011 »

Any word concerning Windows 10 support for the Integra-7 drivers & apps?
Couldn't find any info on the Roland site.

I know my old-but-trusty UM-550 MIDI interface is being dropped - bummer : (
Also a bit concerned about drivers and app support for my AX Synth...
PauloF

Re: Supportability with Windows 10?

Post by PauloF »

rr2011 wrote:Any word concerning Windows 10 support for the Integra-7 drivers & apps?

I hope Roland produces new drivers soon, but for the moment (and Windows 10 just came out), there are no Drivers available yet.

I've just made an upgrade to Win10 Pro on my PC, and I have a few Roland devices - Integra-7, A-Pro, PCR, UM-550 (too), so I'll be testing all those shortly with the actual drivers and will tell about

My yamaha MOXF seems to work just fine! Audio & MIDI
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

PauloF wrote:
rr2011 wrote:Any word concerning Windows 10 support for the Integra-7 drivers & apps?

I hope Roland produces new drivers soon, but for the moment (and Windows 10 just came out), there are no Drivers available yet.

I've just made an upgrade to Win10 Pro on my PC, and I have a few Roland devices - Integra-7, A-Pro, PCR, UM-550 (too), so I'll be testing all those shortly with the actual drivers and will tell about

My yamaha MOXF seems to work just fine! Audio & MIDI

This is the official Roland position regarding Windows 10 compatibility with their products
rr2011

Post by rr2011 »

Yeah, saw that -

And there are is a LOT of currently available Roland equipment that's not listed yet...
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

rr2011 wrote:Yeah, saw that -

And there are is a LOT of currently available Roland equipment that's not listed yet...
Correct, for the time being only the MIDI and Audio interfaces and a couple devices more...
Happy

Post by Happy »

From an early Windows 10 build onward I7 drivers did not work. Interestingly, on a very early Win 10 build, the win 8.1 drivers did work. So apparently the people at MS, in their ultimate wisdom to keep people busy, decided the make "something" incompatible. I do have a sound card which works with 8.1 driver (The manufacturer itself had no clue what driver to use). That device is also Linux compatible.

Anyhow, for Roland this should not be unexpected problem since it was known for very long. Roland drivers appears also to be non-standard (not work in Linux) so that asks for trouble. Only on Win 10's release date a compatibility list for released. Perhaps Roland waited for the final MS image, but now' it's too late and problems are all over the place, not only with Roland and not only with audio cards. Had manufacturers worked on beta drivers, and released for the insiders, the problem should have been far less. Win 10 is rapidly becoming "driver hell" (as expected)

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=50253
Mr.Epyx

Post by Mr.Epyx »

My experience:

I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit. With Windows 8.1 I have had a perfectly running Integra-7 (USB Driver VENDER (MIDI+AUDIO)). After upgrading to Windows 10 my Integra-7 vanished somehow from Windows (thanks not from my desktop). It is no more recognized as a working USB-connected audio device. I can't find it anymore in systemsettings/audio and sound. So I can't look if it is still the standard device, because it is listed no more. What realy is curious: but I7 was still available as MIDI device in the system. When I tried to uninstall and install the original Roland I7 Win8.1 driver, the installer told me that the I7 is connected to the system, I have to disconnect the USB connection. When I disconnected it I could go on installing. Then the installer told me that I could now connect the device, the installation will then progress. But after connecting and turning I7 on, the installer doesn't continue (like it did with 8.1). Its just frozen.
rr2011

Post by rr2011 »

Dang - that sucks dude; hope you get everything working ok.

Sorry you're having issues, but really do appreciate you posting the results here, even if it hasn't been a favorable experience so far!!
Mr.Epyx

Post by Mr.Epyx »

No, there is nothing I could do to awake the INTEGRA-7 as USB audio device with my Windows 10 installtion. I have tried to reload and reinstall the latest Win 8.1 driver several times. But driver installation is always freezing when waiting for the Integra-7 to be turned on.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR A CUSTOMIZED WINDOWS 10 DRIVER FROM ROLAND, OR A WINDOWS 10 UPDATE PATCH FROM MICROSOFT WHICH UNLOCKS THIS FREEZING BEHAVIOUR.
***********************************************************************************************************************************

Anyhow of course I can use the INTEGRA-7 with Windows 10 by its MIDI connectors, so the whole things is not dramatically as may seem. I had almost forgotten that they still exist ;-) And if the missing Windows 10 driver gives reason to hope the I7 successor is on the way I can live with that. When I bought the I7 I even was not clear that it could behave like a wave playing audio device. That was anyway decorative addition.
Happy

Post by Happy »

Got the upgrade fmo MS today and updated to Win 10 (just one of my win 8.1 systems) and indeed, like on the RTM W10 version, the driver does not work. It would not make sense for Roland not to support W10 on I7 since MS is pushing for win 8.1 users to upgrade to Win 10.
Happy

Post by Happy »

Contacted Roland about their plans for I7 & Windows 10, Hopefully will hear something soon..
Xtian82

Post by Xtian82 »

It appears that the 8.1 drivers work perfectly as long as you can defeat the driver integrity check that causes the installation to fail. I've done this in Win 10 64-bit to revive my Integra7 and my GR55, using Method 1 as set out in http://forum.cakewalk.com/The-ultimate- ... 67234.aspx on the Cakewalk Sonar forum.
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

Roland and driver support has always been a mute point, they are bad at supporting their hardware with Drivers. Class compliant please Roland :) However I have both the JP50 and I7 installed with Windows 10 and work, you just need to install in compatibilty mode or alter the .sys file and add Windows 10 check on there if you know how.
Integrated

Post by Integrated »

K-Take Editor has been updated to 1.37 with Windows 10 support!
Happy

Post by Happy »

Still no status on Roland synths Win 10 support. (not only the Integra 7, but also Jupiter's, Juno etc.. etc..) At least for products that are selling in retail, would have expected by now that Roland posted their plans for support and and approximate release date the compatibility list page. Also tried the local Roland representative but after an initial "please wait" email response a few weeks ago, no email reply at all, even after trying to get an update. Quite disappointing. Roland should not let this result in consumers having to install drivers in precarious ways.