Control Harmonic Bars using MIDI CC?

Forum for Integra 7
redbumble

Control Harmonic Bars using MIDI CC?

Post by redbumble »

Hello,

I would like to be able to control the harmonic bars level of a SuperNatural ToneWheel Organ using my MIDI controler's sliders in the Integra-7.

Do you know how I can do that?
carpenzano

Re: Control Harmonic Bars using MIDI CC?

Post by carpenzano »

redbumble wrote:Hello,

I would like to be able to control the harmonic bars level of a SuperNatural ToneWheel Organ using my MIDI controler's sliders in the Integra-7.

Unfortunately the Integra-7 organ recognizes only sysex messages. If your midi controller's' sliders do not send sysex messages, you should use a MidiSolutions Event Processor Plus.
See my post at:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=45828&start=15#p283955
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

redbumble wrote:Hello,

Welcome to the Clan RedBumble!

carpenzano said it all, but just wondering what is your MIDI controller?

I hope you like it here
Cheers
PauloF
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Surely Roland could've used a consecutive set of CCs such as 21-30, or even a broken set, perhaps starting with the general-purpose 16-20 ones?

This thing has done my head in; I'm not desperate enough for organ control to pursue the "convoluted" solution. I need simplicity and elegance in my system lest I get distracted, which happens all too easily. IMHO, given the huge number of unused CC #s that could've been chosen, it's unforgivable that Roland chose, by not bothering to do a little coding, to "force" the end user to have to jump through hoops instead.

It's a massive waste of man hours, if nothing else - a little given by one party (Roland) could've saved thousands for the rest of us.