Info request: Formatting SYSEX messages

Forum for Integra 7
BruceV

Info request: Formatting SYSEX messages

Post by BruceV »

Writing custom software to send MIDI messages to an Integra-7 for live performance control, would appreciate a bit of clarification on the formatting for SYSEX messages.

What is Device ID, what should its value be? It is defined as 10H-1FH, 7FH in the reference, the meaning is not clear.

I’m not sure which frame format applies. As an example, one of the parameters I will want to write to is External part mute switch, address offset 00 4F. Data set 1 (DT1) seems to be the applicable one, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any info.
carpenzano

Re: Info request: Formatting SYSEX messages

Post by carpenzano »

BruceV wrote:I’m not sure which frame format applies. As an example, one of the parameters I will want to write to is External part mute switch, address offset 00 4F. Data set 1 (DT1) seems to be the applicable one, is this correct?
Correct.
The sysex message to mute/unmute the External part is the following:
F0 41 10 00 00 64 12 18 00 00 4F V CS F7
where:
V is 00 (unmute) or 01 (mute);
CS is the Roland checksum
Hope this helps
hobbit

Re: Info request: Formatting SYSEX messages

Post by hobbit »

What is Device ID, what should its value be? It is defined as 10H-1FH, 7FH in the reference, the meaning is not clear.
The Device ID is an identifyer that can be found in the MIDI settings (MENU/SYSTEM/MIDI) of your INTEGRA. It's useful when you have a setup with more than one device of the same manufacturer. By assigning a different Device ID to each device you are able to send SysEx commands to one specific device (so that only this device does what you want it to do) even if they are tied up in a MIDI-Thru chain. See page 49 of the Owner's Manual: "When transmitting and receiving system exclusive messages, the device ID numbers of both devices must match". The value of the Device ID is between 17 and 32.

Regards, Hobbit

PS: A good resource for an introduction (and more...) to MIDI SysEx can be found at http://www.2writers.com/eddie/tutsysex.htm.