Integra 7 parameter guide

Forum for Integra 7
Wolfi

Integra 7 parameter guide

Post by Wolfi »

Can anyone suggest a more comprehensive guide (book or site) to Integra 7 sound parameters compared to the scanty official Roland manual? I'm looking for an Integra 7 dedicated guide not for a general sound synthesis manual.
Thanks
Monkey Man

Re: Integra 7 parameter guide

Post by Monkey Man »

Good question.

I can't help but think that if manufacturers bothered to provide comprehensive "alternative" manuals as optional purchases, hardware sales would be reinvigorated.

I'm talking about something along the lines of a book that invited and subsequently took the reader on an informative, fun, exploratory adventure of the unit concerned, and that rendered the participant somewhat of an expert as a result.

I know I'd be all over it should Rolly, Yammy and the likes take this approach. It makes good economic sense too, as a minimal expenditure (small, competent team of a few or even one employee / sub-contracted author) could result in generous returns; the resultant books wouldn't be cheap, after all.
Macska

Post by Macska »

There's a guy who does what you're talking about for Sonar. His books are called "Sonar Power!" and if the google results I'm seeing say anything, it's successful enough that he's kept making them with every new version of the software.

Hmm you may have a really great idea there Monkey Man. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to open a new word document and contact a print shop...
Happy

Post by Happy »

If not for supernatural but for PCM, perhaps look into older manuals like the XV. Sometimes I found older Roland manuals take the time to provide insight in sound design theory and details than newer products. It seems manufacturers assume that buyers of current products are familiar with older product ranges (probably a cost issue). Many parameters and theory wise much has stayed the same (even over 20 years). Take the 808 and TR8 manual as an extreme example. This is not a unique issue for Roland Synths manuals though.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote:Good question.

I can't help but think that if manufacturers bothered to provide comprehensive "alternative" manuals as optional purchases, hardware sales would be reinvigorated.

I'm talking about something along the lines of a book that invited and subsequently took the reader on an informative, fun, exploratory adventure of the unit concerned, and that rendered the participant somewhat of an expert as a result.

I know I'd be all over it should Rolly, Yammy and the likes take this approach. It makes good economic sense too, as a minimal expenditure (small, competent team of a few or even one employee / sub-contracted author) could result in generous returns; the resultant books wouldn't be cheap, after all.

Exactly, like the Motifator forum gurus did for the MOXF !
superb job
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Yeah, P-Man. This stuff happens for a lot of products, but as I suggested, I'd love to see Roland take the initiative and not leave it to fate whether or not someone else bothers to take up the slack.
Macska wrote:There's a guy who does what you're talking about for Sonar. His books are called "Sonar Power!" and if the google results I'm seeing say anything, it's successful enough that he's kept making them with every new version of the software.

Hmm you may have a really great idea there Monkey Man. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to open a new word document and contact a print shop...
Do it bro'. I'll buy it.