Transmit Studio Sets to DAW?

Forum for Integra 7
Casablanca

Transmit Studio Sets to DAW?

Post by Casablanca »

Is there any way of transmitting my 16 part Studio Sets directly into a new project on my DAW (SonarHS6) so they are saved in my project file?
I'm happy setting up my sounds on the I7 but find it fiddly and annoying having to manually set each bank/patch change per project in Sonar. Especially as the bank names are prefixed by a 5 digit number (what is this?) and don't fit into the fixed size bank name drop-down in Sonar.

Have I missed something? This is driving me bananas. Please advise or point me at basic setup tutorials.
Monkey Man

Re: Transmit Studio Sets to DAW?

Post by Monkey Man »

Yes!

I can't remember what it's called right now, but check out the "Export"? submenu after hitting the "Menu" button.

It's there somewhere. In fact, it's the only option for a sysex dump. That is to say, the current Studio Set will be dumped to your record-enabled track in your DAW.

If it weren't for this ability, I'd not be using one. The only exception I've ever made was with the TD-30 brain which uses USB sticks only. Absolute PIA.
Casablanca

Post by Casablanca »

Sounds promising. My thanks for your response. I'm keeping everything crossed that this works and will experiment along these lines at the earliest opportunity. Otherwise, I may have an Integra for sale!
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Rest assured, mate, that you can do it.

It's just not named the way I'm used to, IIRC. Instead of bulk dump/sysex -> multi set/performace, it's something different.

I do seem to remember the word dump or bulk's being used, but as I said, if you peruse the "sys" submenus you'll see it, even if at first you don't recognise that it's what you're looking for. I know I didn't, and it wasn't until I tested to see what happened when I pressed "yes" that I was sure.

Don't worry. It's all good, mate.
ns456456

Post by ns456456 »

I dont use Sonar but you can use the vst plugin. I use in logic and studio one and all my presets are saved with the sessions for a easy recall.