I will be receiving my Integra 7 in a couple of hours and...

Forum for Integra 7
Macska

Re: I will be receiving my Integra 7 in a couple of hours an

Post by Macska »

I can't say for sure what the best option is. For me I prefer to use all 8 1/4" outputs going into my interface. I don't completely understand the differences in quality based on the output method, and my ears don't hear much of a difference. I say try all of your options and see which one works best for you. Having an 8 channel interface certainly opens you up to the method I use!
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Johnny, congrats on the purchase, mate!

Now... what do you honestly think of the sound?
JohnnyIntegra

Post by JohnnyIntegra »

Macska wrote:I can't say for sure what the best option is. For me I prefer to use all 8 1/4" outputs going into my interface. I don't completely understand the differences in quality based on the output method, and my ears don't hear much of a difference. I say try all of your options and see which one works best for you. Having an 8 channel interface certainly opens you up to the method I use!

Thank you, I think im going to try connecting the main outs to the inputs on my Apollo (even when I get the Apollo 8 I believe Ill do this). Ive been traveling so havent had much time to connect everything and create with the Integra yet.
JohnnyIntegra

Post by JohnnyIntegra »

Monkey Man wrote:Johnny, congrats on the purchase, mate!

So far from what I heard, I love it! For me, it will fill in and in some places replace various pieces!
JohnnyIntegra

Post by JohnnyIntegra »

So a little update, I decided againt getting another Apollo and got an Antelope Audio Orion 32, Ill be getting some Db25 to TRS cables and am curious, can I use all 8 TRS outputs on the back of my Integra 7 into my Orion? Thank you in advance :)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

JohnnyIntegra wrote:So a little update, I decided againt getting another Apollo and got an Antelope Audio Orion 32, Ill be getting some Db25 to TRS cables and am curious, can I use all 8 TRS outputs on the back of my Integra 7 into my Orion? Thank you in advance :)
Hi JohnnyIntegra,
Wow, now...that's an AUDIO CARD!

IMO you should connect All 8 Integra OUTs to the 8TRS INs (this will cover both MONO or STEREO assignement per Part):

INTEGRA-7 OUTs 1/2 ----> ORION TRS INs 1/2 (this will deal with all parts assigned to OUTs 1/2)
INTEGRA-7 OUTs 3/4 ----> ORION TRS INs 3/4 (this will deal with all parts assigned to OUTs 3/4)
INTEGRA-7 OUTs 5/6 ----> ORION TRS INs 5/6 (this will deal with all parts assigned to OUTs 5/6)
INTEGRA-7 OUTs 7/8 ----> ORION TRS INs 7/8 (this will deal with all parts assigned to OUTs 7/8)

Or even better... to connect it like this (this is the way I use my Integra connected to my Focusrite 18i8):
INTEGRA-7 SPDIF --------> ORION SPDIF IN (this will deal with all parts assigned to OUTS 1/2)
INTEGRA-7 OUTs 3/4 ----> ORION TRS INs 3/4 (this will deal with all parts assigned to OUTs 3/4)
INTEGRA-7 OUTs 5/6 ----> ORION TRS INs 5/6 (this will deal with all parts assigned to OUTs 5/6)
INTEGRA-7 OUTs 7/8 ----> ORION TRS INs 7/8 (this will deal with all parts assigned to OUTs 7/8)

The way I use it is as follows (all in STEREO):
OUT 1/2 - Main Synth Sounds, Lead Guitar/Synth, Pianos, Acoustic and Lead Guitars, Lead Synthgs
OUT 3/4 - Basses
OUT 5/6 - Strings, Pads, Orchestral
OUT 7/8 - Drum and Percussion Sounds

This enable me to record each instrument type to a different Audio Track in one pass (Drums, Bass and Synth for example)

The possibility to assign up to 16 Parts to up to 8 Audio OUTs is very powerful!

Happy Integra"tion"!
JohnnyIntegra

Post by JohnnyIntegra »

PauloF wrote:
JohnnyIntegra wrote:So a little update, I decided againt getting another Apollo and got an Antelope Audio Orion 32, Ill be getting some Db25 to TRS cables and am curious, can I use all 8 TRS outputs on the back of my Integra 7 into my Orion? Thank you in advance :)
Hi JohnnyIntegra,
Wow, now...that's an AUDIO CARD!

IMO you should connect All 8 Integra OUTs to the 8TRS INs (this will cover both MONO or STEREO assignement per Part):

INTEGRA-7 OUTs 1/2 ----> ORION TRS INs 1/2 (this will deal with all parts assigned to OUTs 1/2)

Or even better... to connect it like this (this is the way I use my Integra connected to my Focusrite 18i8):
INTEGRA-7 SPDIF --------> ORION SPDIF IN (this will deal with all parts assigned to OUTS 1/2)

The way I use it is as follows (all in STEREO):
OUT 1/2 - Main Synth Sounds, Lead Guitar/Synth, Pianos, Acoustic and Lead Guitars, Lead Synthgs
OUT 3/4 - Basses
OUT 5/6 - Strings, Pads, Orchestral
OUT 7/8 - Drum and Percussion Sounds

This enable me to record each instrument type to a different Audio Track in one pass (Drums, Bass and Synth for example)

The possibility to assign up to 16 Parts to up to 8 Audio OUTs is very powerful!

Happy Integra"tion"!

This is great man, thank you. I believe i'll go with the first option as I'd like to keep the Spid on my Orion open for another device im ordering. Thank you again :)
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

JohnnyIntegra wrote:
Monkey Man wrote:Johnny, congrats on the purchase, mate!

So far from what I heard, I love it! For me, it will fill in and in some places replace various pieces!
That's awesome, man!

Enjoy, Johnny!