Integra Piano Effects

Forum for Integra 7
islandprince

Integra Piano Effects

Post by islandprince »

As you may know, the integra does not have Sympathetic Resonance effect, which IMO was a huge factor in the way the fantom X pianos stood out from even the motif, which I do own. Has anyone managed to find a similar way to get their SRX pianos to emulate like the Fantom X's Sympatheic Resonance Effect? because I find the SRX 11 and 2 pianos are missing something..I just cant figure it out exactly... would be awsome!!!!!!
lol

Re: Integra Piano Effects

Post by lol »

The machine actually does reproduce sympathetic resonances in SN pianos, it's the parameter incorrectly labeled "String resonance". Check it out what sympathetic resonance really is if you're not convinced. The thing it doesn't reproduce or very little, is the string resonances when the pedal is down. It makes these pianos sound a little dry when played in solo and pedal down, but it's interesting because you have to make the music happen by yourself, and you can't simply rely on the beautiful resonances to lure you into thinking you're the pianist in the room.

However PCM tones have no sympathetic resonances indeed, no more than string resonances.

Nonetheless these SN and PCM pianos, ranging from modern grands with quite stunning behavior (SN pianos), to old uprights with warm sounding (in the SRX.) The module is not designed for solo piano, but in a mix these piano tonal characters offer everything you would want from the real thing.

I use these pianos several hours a day in a solo piano work context for almost 2 years now and I'm not fed up with the sounds at all. The lack of string resonances help me develop a richer playing and the character of the SN piano sounds is neutral enough to help avoiding the boredom syndrome in some other digital pianos. The main interesting thing, aside the tone, is the behavior, namely, sympathetic resonances, half and re- pedaling, silent strokes @ velocity 0, alternate repetition of single notes, natural decay (although too short like on all digital pianos), hammers position memory when you use the damper with constant key down, key off resonances, consistent dynamic tonal character.

To answer your question, you can increase the decay time and decay events by using the limiter, a compressor, or enhancer effect, and it might quite change the the feel and sound of the pianos, but it would not bring back the missing string resonances (or both with sympathetic resonances in the case of the PCM pianos.)

Maybe someone has a better idea though?
islandprince

Re: Integra Piano Effects

Post by islandprince »

Thank you VERY VERY much for the idea. I'll go fire up my Integra now to check out what you say.. RESPECT BRO