Importing sounds from Axial into the Integra 7

Forum for Integra 7
Pooneyheat

Importing sounds from Axial into the Integra 7

Post by Pooneyheat »

Hi, does anybody know if you can import all the folders at one time from Axial in to the I7? I imported one folder successfully but had problems importing the next one. Thanks in advance.
CaesarMagnus

Re: Importing sounds from Axial into the Integra 7

Post by CaesarMagnus »

Pooneyheat wrote:Hi, does anybody know if you can import all the folders at one time from Axial in to the I7? I imported one folder successfully but had problems importing the next one. Thanks in advance.
If you have your Studio Sets full it will fail, it will try to add Studio Sets for each of the folders and you will have to de-select the Studio Sets to import the sounds. I had that problem as well. This Ed Diaz demo of importing to Integra helped me out. Notice the 4min mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_cpmK4PUFo

Making your own Studio Sets is useful but importing new ones is not.
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

There aren't enough slots in the INTEGRA to accommodate all the Studio Sets anyway.

Cursor to the SN Synth tab on the import page instead, mark the presets you'd like to import and specify a start-point (patch number in your SN User bank - there are 512 slots available). The marked patches will then be copied to your User bank sequentially, filling the slots from the patch number you specified upwards.

For example, if you import the entire Synth Legends Pure bank, specifying that you'd like to start at patch number 20, the 128 presets will populate your User bank from slot 20 upwards, meaning that patch 01 will be placed in slot 20, all the way up to slot 147, which will contain patch 128 from the Synth Legends Pure bank on the flash drive.

If you import all the Axial patches this way, there won't be much room left for your own (User) creations, so you might have to decide which ones you can live without. Personally, I'm probably going to sacrifice the Synth Legends bank (with effects applied to each preset), otherwise the SN Pure (No FX) + the one with FX will take up 256 slots, which is half the space you have. The FX bank is made from the same presets as the Pure bank anyway, but with FX applied.

Further to this, there is a number of Axial banks which comprise selections from the aforementioned SN bank; they're used to make Studio Sets of various flavours, mostly involving layering of these sounds on top of each other. The key here is to look and see if they're labelled as "Powered by Synth Legends". If so, there's nothing new in them patch-wise.

I listed all the "non-powered", non duplicate-containing banks in this thread on page 1 to make things easier for folks as it can take a while to figure this stuff out. Here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=50335

Trust my list and save yourself a bunch of time and head-scratching.
ModestMse

Post by ModestMse »

Hey there, I was wondering if maybe someone could help me figure out what I am doing wrong here. I, like you stated, realized pretty quickly how limiting loading the sound sets can be. I definitely want to use your suggestion of loading the patches into the user area which can hold more....but my question is how do I find the patches after they are loaded?

For example, when I follow your instructions and load all of the patches that I am trying to load it seems like it works. I can tell this by when I go to load them again or load more patches (the part of the process where you would select the first INIT patch) and they are all there. In this case I am loading up the JP-6 Sound set patches...and as it should be patches 3 - 18 show the JP-6 sounds.

However, when I go to the main menu to actually use these patches, in the main menu under my 'user' section there are no patches listed at all. Rather 512 empty slots...not sure what step I am missing here to find the patches after they are loaded. Where do I find the 16 JP-6 patches that I imported in order to use them?
I would really appreciate it if maybe we can figure it out...I apologize for my ignorance. I only use Roland gear my whole life...surprised this one has stumped me. Thanks in advance.
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

You're probably looking at the PCM-synth User area.

Select the SN-S engine first, then you'll see whatever's been imported into that User area.