Advice needed about buying an Integra 7.

Forum for Integra 7
MC909

Re: Advice needed about buying an Integra 7.

Post by MC909 »

Well I really must say I'm very happy with the sound quality of this....simply amazing! !
One thing that I question: when the volume button is pressed to review a patch, can the selected patch really be played this well.
Take the violin for example, has anyone actually played it so it sound as good as the preview?

I need to learn how to play the keyboard lol.

Just wondered guys as I fear the previews are like sampled "snipets" of real instruments being played
LA Keys

Post by LA Keys »

MC909 wrote:One thing that I question: when the volume button is pressed to review a patch, can the selected patch really be played this well.
Take the violin for example, has anyone actually played it so it sound as good as the preview?

The preview is in fact a short midi phrase and you can actually change this by going to the [system] -> [preview] menu. It is entirely produced by the Integra itself (not recorder) It is then "theorically" possible to play that well.

Hummm, have a look at this for example (Not the Integra but the Jupiter 80, which have about the same sound): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6twSPEUtbs

LA
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Yeah, this feature has been around for donkeys' years, and to the best of my knowledge, the MIDI phrases are produced by the Yamaha / Roland / Korg-endorsed artists who pen the onboard demos.