Instrument additions to the I7

Forum for Integra 7
Happy

Instrument additions to the I7

Post by Happy »

Always been looking for a weighted keyboard and a the same time looking for more great acoustic/electric instrument sounds. Was thinking about a Nord Electro but now that I have the I7 I am not sure sure it would add much value for acoustic/electric instrument sounds. Clavia provides an extensive sample library for many different instruments though.

Thus hereby asking for an objective and unbiased opinion from owners of both the I7 and Nord products using the piano/sample libraries (specially for recording, not just gigging) Do the instrument sounds and libraries provide much added value compared to the I7 to justify it's price, or would you invest the the money in other options? I hoped Clavia to bring out a 4 part multi-timbral rack module, like the E2 rack before (x 4) and then just add a weighted MIDI keyboard. However, the E5 is a kind of semi- 2-part-timbral and for NAMM 2016 I estimate it will likely be a Piano 3 or Drum 3 only. Any hardware recommendations? (not software plug-ins).