Velocity problems on some patches

Forum for Integra 7
sarkywalrus

Velocity problems on some patches

Post by sarkywalrus »

I am having some real problems with some of the patches on the I7.

When I'm playing violin for example it's overlty sensitive to velocity and to be frank its knocking my confidence in live performances. I can be playing a solo passage quietly then all of a sudden I'll get a nightmare of a loud note and it ruins everything.

If I change to another patch, xylophone or Celeste for example I don't have the same problems.

Is it possible to control velocity/sensitivity on individual patches?
Macska

Re: Velocity problems on some patches

Post by Macska »

what controller are you using? The problem could be there. I have used many controllers with my Integra and the only time I have problems is when I control it with a Godin Multiac Midi Guitar.

The controller should and the Integra can be adjusted for how they deal with velocity. Check the Part View KBD section.
sarkywalrus

Post by sarkywalrus »

Thanks Macska.

I use the Roland a49 with my I7. Apparently the system software 1.4 addressed some velocity problems but it was released a year before I bought it.

There controller is at the theatre I'm playing at so I will check it tonight.

The reason I thought it might've been something in the integra was because the problem only occurred on specific patches/instruments.
sarkywalrus

Post by sarkywalrus »

I've noticed I can change a couple of things - velo curve or velo range lower/upper

I think I want to reduce the lower/higher range but I don't know if this will just block out any key presses that don't sit within the range. Ideally it would adjust the played velocity up the lower or down to the higher when I play.

I'll find out tonight