A couple of utter newb questions

Forum for Integra 7
jtgarrett

A couple of utter newb questions

Post by jtgarrett »

Hi folks,

I have an Integra 7 connected to a Kawai CS10 digital piano as its MIDI keyboard. I've routed the output of the I7 into the built-in sound system of the CS10, and that sounds pretty good. I also have the I7 connected via USB to a Mac.

Two questions:

1. I have some other software instruments on the Mac, via Garageband, Pianoteq, and Ivory II. Is it possible using this setup to have the I7 simply act as a MIDI controller between the Kawai keyboard and the software instruments on the Mac, such that I won't be hearing any of the I7's own sounds, just what's being produced by the software on the Mac? The onboard piano sounds of the Kawai and the I7 are great, but there are also some things I like from Pianoteq and Ivory.

2. Has anyone hazarded using their I7 with OS X 10.11 El Capitan yet? I don't see a driver explicitly supporting it on Roland's page, but wasn't sure if in the meantime the driver for OS X 10.10 Yosemite was still functioning properly on El Capitan.

Thanks for any guidance!
AlexandreB

Re: A couple of utter newb questions

Post by AlexandreB »

Hi
On 1) simply go to menu/system/midi and put midi thru on. Now integra should only send midi messages via USB.

On 2) sorry but not yet tried, also interested if somebody jumped on it.

All the best

Alex
jtgarrett

Post by jtgarrett »

Thanks, Alex!

I will give that a try when I get home this evening.
AlexandreB

Post by AlexandreB »

Good luck, if I am not mistaken, that's explained on page 45 of the manual.

Looking forward it works.

All the best
Macska

Post by Macska »

For question one, I can confirm this is possible, be sure to select the Integra as your midi interface in the software you wish to control. I've used it with Synthogy Ivory II this way plenty of times. It's funny, I prefer Ivory when I'm practicing solo piano stuff most of the time, but I always prefer the Integra when placing pianos in a mix in my DAW.