Strange midi problem....

Forum for Integra 7
MC909

Strange midi problem....

Post by MC909 »

I'm trying to make a short track consisting of just Integra 7 sounds.

I have channels 1 and 2 plains fine but as soon as I add parts 3 or 4 then part one is also triggered as I play the keyboard.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Macska

Re: Strange midi problem....

Post by Macska »

You'll have to get a lot more specific about your setup and how you're routing things to solve this here.

As I understand you are playing parts from the keyboard going into a DAW right? The reason it's happening is because whatever track or split part you're using for part 3 and 4 is sending midi data on channel 1 as well. Now, how that's happening could be any number of things. Could be -

1. In the Integra Part View, are the parts set to different channels?
2 Are your midi tracks sending data to the proper channels?
3. Is your input echo on for part 1 while you're playing other parts?
4. Does your midi controller only send data on a limited number of channels?

Whatever the reason, it's definitely happening because midi data is being sent to the channel that corresponds to part 1.
MC909

Post by MC909 »

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.

I solved the problem. I forgot I needed to change midi channels on my a49 controller to match the Integra's midi channel.
Silly me. It's not easy been in new to all this.

Thanks for putting me on the right track.
Macska

Post by Macska »

Don't worry about it, every single one of us has made that exact mistake countless times :)

When I'm tired and out of it I still make mistakes like that sometimes. I think the other week I was like "D@## why wont this f@#%# driver install?!" Turns out the device was unplugged the whole time. I went to bed after that.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Macska wrote:Don't worry about it, every single one of us has made that exact mistake countless times :)

When I'm tired and out of it I still make mistakes like that sometimes. I think the other week I was like "D@## why wont this f@#%# driver install?!" Turns out the device was unplugged the whole time. I went to bed after that.
lol Macska... it happens to everyone I assure you ;-)