Which Integra 7 editor when a DAW doesn't support VST3 ?

Forum for Integra 7
muziksculp

Which Integra 7 editor when a DAW doesn't support VST3 ?

Post by muziksculp »

Hi,

I am able to edit my Integra 7 using the VST-Editor when using Cubase Pro 8, since the VST editor is currently only available in VST3 format.

I'm also using another DAW that does not support VST3 (it Only supports VST2) at this time. So, I can't use the editor.

What are Integra 7 users who use a DAW that does not support VST 3 using to edit it ?

i.e. Use the iPad Editor ? or the standalone Editor (Which I feel is ok, but makes it quite limited to edit the Integra 7 simultaneously while working on a project).

I would think the easiest solution is for Roland to offer a VST2 version of their VST editor. But that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Any advice on what would be the best way to edit the Integra 7 when using a non-VST3 supporting DAW ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Grunwaldt

Re: Which Integra 7 editor when a DAW doesn't support VST3 ?

Post by Grunwaldt »

I used K_Take's standalone editor since day 1, don't know if you're refering to that when you say it's not comfortable to work with. If you do, I disagree, my DAW is Cubase 5 and K_Take's editor is easy to switch in and out from/to cubase, it's just a different window.
muziksculp

Post by muziksculp »

Grunwaldt wrote:I used K_Take's standalone editor since day 1, don't know if you're refering to that when you say it's not comfortable to work with. If you do, I disagree, my DAW is Cubase 5 and K_Take's editor is easy to switch in and out from/to cubase, it's just a different window.
Hi Grunwaldt,

Thanks for your helpful feedback.

I will consider K_Take's standalone editor. If all is needed is to switch from my DAW to the Editor, do some editing, then back to producing on the DAW, then this should be good enough.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
muziksculp

Post by muziksculp »

Hi,

Oh.. Before I go ahead with downloading, and installing K_Take's standalone editor, is there anything I should be aware of, or any tips to set it up correctly with my PC (Windows 8.1) will be using the 64-bit version.

I'm guessing there are clear setting up instructions included in the download file.

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Grunwaldt

Post by Grunwaldt »

hi muziksculp,

Well you just need the corresponding .NET framework version installed, the zip just contains the executables, place the .exe file you want inside any folder you want and run it.

Good luck!

Regards,

Grunwaldt