Logic x and Integra 7

Forum for Integra 7
speaker13

Logic x and Integra 7

Post by speaker13 »

What is the best way to use logic X with Integra-7? I just want to pick sounds work my music then make the audio file? is there a Osx Program for it? I just bought the Integra i am new with it. Does the usb send sound?
Thank you
Mike Vee

Re: Logic x and Integra 7

Post by Mike Vee »

do a little research dude...all the answers are widely available in these posts.
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

I've just updated to Logic pro X from Logic 9 and it works great with the Integra. I'm on El Capitan, so you'll need to install the respective drivers.

I have midi files in Logic driving patches in studio sets, so I can have all 16 of Logic's channels playing different sounds in the Integra if I want, but I rarely use that many. You also have up to 8 separate outputs on the Integra, so it's great for separation.

A studio set (of which you can store up to 64) is a section of up to 16 separate patches from the Interga, which you'd connect to the first 16 channels in a Logic project.

So I have all this midi info driving sounds in the Integra, but I also add channel strips for a few Logic instruments, and these go out as audio via the USB to the main L&R outputs on the Integra. I'd therefore suggest you map all your audio (Logic instruments) via the main stereo output (A), and then send your other midi information (channels 1 - 16) to the other separate outputs.

The new Drums in Logic are mint, so I'd suggest you start there and have your main drums going out of the main stereo outputs (A) in the Integra. You can then add a bass, and assign that to channel 3 and take this out to a channel on your mixing desk. I send all my other misc synths to stereo output D (7 & 8), and mix them in the Logic window (volume, pan, etc), which alters all the same settings in the Integra.

The 8 outputs can either be used as stereo pairs, A, B, C & D, or 1 - 8, or a combination of both.

A TIP. If you make any changes to volume, pa, etc in Logic, which routes to the Integra, save the studio set, as you'll lose them if you move to another studio set and your logic project will then have an incorrect visual to that in the Integra.

Hope that helps.
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

PS. You can also write events in Logic to automatically load a selected studioset in the I7. I have the code if you need, but it sounds like you are some way away from this yet.