Program change Midi stopped working

Forum for Integra 7
Jumo

Program change Midi stopped working

Post by Jumo »

I have a Nord Stage Ex connected to the Integra 7 and the program change message from my Nord randomly stopped being recognized by the Integra. Unfortunately it happened during a show and it was working at the start of the show. Integra still reacts to note messages. I have checked the system setting on the Integra 7 and confirmed program change is set to receive. Any ideas what else to check?
Macska

Re: Program change Midi stopped working

Post by Macska »

Check that the Nord is sending it all properly?
Jumo

Post by Jumo »

Thanks. I just checked and confirmed the Nord is changing programs on my triton rack.
lol

Post by lol »

Well then it has to be the Integra-7... No way it's the MIDI cable or anything in your undocumented setting...

I believe you have a defective unit, too bad, you should wrap it up and send it back to Roland services, they will fix it, it won't be cheap, but you'll be satisfied no question about that.

And that's what it takes, if control changes are defective, then what will it be next? Pitch bend or portamento, or maybe sustain pedal, or velocity curves, I mean, the chip responsible for the control changes is so close to the other chips within the Integra-7, if one falls, the rest of the electronics will fail on you imminently!
Jumo

Post by Jumo »

I replaced all the midi cables and then the triton stopped responding. So I hooked up another keyboard and the integra 7 and triton responded. After more fiddling around I find it's the midi out port on my Nord is intermittent. I was just getting lucky when I was unplugging and plugging in midi cables that it worked on the triton. I've tried two other keyboards and everything is working on the integra. So to the repair shop goes the Nord. I just got the Integra and it was my second time out with it so I was worried, but it appears the Integra is fine.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Jumo wrote:I replaced all the midi cables and then the triton stopped responding. So I hooked up another keyboard and the integra 7 and triton responded. After more fiddling around I find it's the midi out port on my Nord is intermittent. I was just getting lucky when I was unplugging and plugging in midi cables that it worked on the triton. I've tried two other keyboards and everything is working on the integra. So to the repair shop goes the Nord. I just got the Integra and it was my second time out with it so I was worried, but it appears the Integra is fine.
Glad that you found out what the problem was!

Lesson to learn from this...

When something on a setup fails, it is clear that it is not Roland to be blamed for that all the time! ;-)