Wireless & Ipad Application

Forum for Integra 7
jdvmi00

Wireless & Ipad Application

Post by jdvmi00 »

Is the wireless ipad app supposed to work through a router? If I connect my Integra 7 to my wifi router and then connect my ipad to the same wifi router the ipad app does not see the integra. If I set up adhoc on the Integra the ipad app sees the integra just fine. Does the Integra only connect to the ipad app if it is in adhoc mode?
PauloF

Re: Wireless & Ipad Application

Post by PauloF »

jdvmi00 wrote:Is the wireless ipad app supposed to work through a router? If I connect my Integra 7 to my wifi router and then connect my ipad to the same wifi router the ipad app does not see the integra. If I set up adhoc on the Integra the ipad app sees the integra just fine. Does the Integra only connect to the ipad app if it is in adhoc mode?
Hi Jdvmi00 and Welcome to the Clan!

No, there is also possible to connect the iPad to the Integra via a Wireless router in two different ways:

1- A router with WPS function, which in fact is the Basic method Roland recommends.

2- Connecting via a Wireless LAN access Point. In this case your router should support WPA/WPA2 authentication. (my integra is connected this way)

3- The ad-hoq option is to be used when for some reason it is not possible to use one of the above, like router not supporting WPA/WPA2 nor WPS methods.
This is the most simple way, but will cause the iPAd not having access to the Internet while is connected to the integra.

I hope you manage to get it to work!
Cheers
PauloF