Do I sell my expanded XV5080 for Integra 7?

Forum for Integra 7
Solitary man

Do I sell my expanded XV5080 for Integra 7?

Post by Solitary man »

I am really torn between keeping my XV5080 with SRX-06/07 and getting the Integra 7.

I had the chance to play with one for about 1 hour today at my local music store and to be honest I wasn't blown away. So I thought I would get some user feedback to help me make the change.

Firstly I could only listen to the Integra via headphones via the front panel and what I heard wasn't that great to be honest. The global reverb was no better than my old JV1080 and the supernatural sounds were just same old, same old. I didn't get that wow factor.

Now it could be that the headphones I used weren't that sonically great or they may have been faulty, but I did get sound in both ears with no cutting out etc, so maybe not.

So how much better does the Integra sound over the XV5080. Am I expecting more than I should?

Thanks.
Macska

Re: Do I sell my expanded XV5080 for Integra 7?

Post by Macska »

Yes.

It's an XV 5080 with more sounds and every SRX card.
The reverb is terrible. Nothin a little effects unit or software can't compensate for.
Solitary man

Post by Solitary man »

Thanks for the reply Macska,

Yes using external effects is the best option. I have the Strymon Timeline and BigSky effects units and they are stunning to say the least.

I was just surprised by the built in reverb on the Integra, maybe I was expecting studio grade reverb on a flagship unit!

The PCM sounds are still great and the added SRX expansion is fabulous but as I have the two I love the most it would seem silly to sell the XV especially as I would only get maybe a third of what the Integra would cost me.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Solitary man wrote:Thanks for the reply Macska,

Yes using external effects is the best option. I have the Strymon Timeline and BigSky effects units and they are stunning to say the least.

I was just surprised by the built in reverb on the Integra, maybe I was expecting studio grade reverb on a flagship unit!

The PCM sounds are still great and the added SRX expansion is fabulous but as I have the two I love the most it would seem silly to sell the XV especially as I would only get maybe a third of what the Integra would cost me.
And on top of what Macska said, the integra has the Supernatural sounds, specially the Acoustic ones that although not very tweakable are very good (to my hears).

Other things that excel to me are the 8x MONO / 4 Stereo Assignable Outs and the quality and available variations of the Drum sounds.
Hermax

Post by Hermax »

If you're not convinced, then don't buy it.
For me the choice was much easier. I came from an old JV1080 and that is a big difference.
For me, the SN piano sounds really stand out, they are very playable on a decent keyboard. Maybe the difference between your XV5080 is very little in terms of sound quality but if you are a piano player and you want to come as close as possible to the feel of an acoustic one, you need SN.
Macska

Post by Macska »

If you do end up deciding to buy one, mine is for sale this week. (I know, crazy right?!) I'm preparing to go more mobile to support a nomadic lifestyle, and as much as I love these things I can't really bring them along.
Here's everything I'm selling:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51185
Solitary man

Post by Solitary man »

PauloF wrote:And on top of what Macska said, the integra has the Supernatural sounds, specially the Acoustic ones that although not very tweakable are very good (to my hears).Other things that excel to me are the 8x MONO / 4 Stereo Assignable Outs and the quality and available variations of the Drum sounds.
Hi Paulo long time no hear! lol The XV5080 has 8 mono or 4 stereo outs and the effects in the Integra don't appear to be any different from the XV so going to keep the 5080 and save the money for my next purchase a Korg MS20M desktop. Really looking forward to receiving it tomorrow.
Hermax wrote:If you're not convinced, then don't buy it.
For me the choice was much easier. I came from an old JV1080 and that is a big difference.
For me, the SN piano sounds really stand out, they are very playable on a decent keyboard. Maybe the difference between your XV5080 is very little in terms of sound quality but if you are a piano player and you want to come as close as possible to the feel of an acoustic one, you need SN.
I have a Yamaha MOXF8 to cover descent piano sounds so that covers the supernatural sounds department.
Macska wrote:If you do end up deciding to buy one, mine is for sale this week. (I know, crazy right?!) I'm preparing to go more mobile to support a nomadic lifestyle, and as much as I love these things I can't really bring them along.
Here's everything I'm selling:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51185
Thanks for the offer but I've decided to keep the XV5080. Shame about the Integra though. The motion surround looks very interesting indeed. Whether it actually can bring a new dimension to ones music is another matter.

Thanks to everyone for there help.

Sol.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Solitary man wrote: Hi Paulo long time no hear! lol The XV5080 has 8 mono or 4 stereo outs and the effects in the Integra don't appear to be any different from the XV so going to keep the 5080 and save the money for my next purchase a Korg MS20M desktop. Really looking forward to receiving it tomorrow.

Hi Solitary man! yes, long time no hear :-). I hope everything's fine with you

I'm too young to know those details on the XV5080 lol
Actually my bad as I didn't investigate before answering ;-)
Solitary man wrote: I have a Yamaha MOXF8 to cover descent piano sounds so that covers the supernatural sounds department.

I do have a MOXF6, but still think that the SNA Pianos on the i-7 are better/richer to my hears (this without tweaking).

Cheers,

Take care
Paulo
Solitary man

Post by Solitary man »

Solitary man wrote: I have a Yamaha MOXF8 to cover descent piano sounds so that covers the supernatural sounds department.

I do have a MOXF6, but still think that the SNA Pianos on the i-7 are better/richer to my hears (this without tweaking).

Cheers,

Take care

Hi Paulo,

Do you have your MOXF6 expanded? I've got a Mutec 1GB flash board in mine and the Chick Corea Piano sounds installed. They are awesome my friend! ;-)
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Without question, yes!

My XV-5080 was fully loaded card-wise with my fave 4 cards of each of the two flavours. I thought I'd never part with it, but haven't regretted it one lil' bit.

Apart from anything else, and there's a lot of that, the INTEGRA simply sounds sweeter, smoother and more "pristine". It's super-duper quiet too - you won't hear a thing until you play something with the volume cranked up. LOL
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote:Without question, yes!

My XV-5080 was fully loaded card-wise with my fave 4 cards of each of the two flavours. I thought I'd never part with it, but haven't regretted it one lil' bit.

Apart from anything else, and there's a lot of that, the INTEGRA simply sounds sweeter, smoother and more "pristine". It's super-duper quiet too - you won't hear a thing until you play something with the volume cranked up. LOL

Hi Monkey Man bro and Happy New Year!!!

Definitely, my opinion too. The i-7 SN-A Pianos are really very dynamic (and quiet at very high volumes)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Solitary man wrote:

Cheers,

Take care

Hi Paulo,

Do you have your MOXF6 expanded? I've got a Mutec 1GB flash board in mine and the Chick Corea Piano sounds installed. They are awesome my friend! ;-)
Hi Solitary Man,
Yes, my MOXF is expanded with a Yamaha 1GB Flash Board and filled with lots of sounds from Yamaha Expansion Sounds.

Also bought KARMA MOXF, which is fine but a little cumbersome and too complex for my taste
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

... and a very happy new year to you too, brother Paulo! Long time no see as I've been pretty ill, but it's great to see you mate.

Yes, I forgot to mention the SN pianos. One of the very weak points of the XV IMHO was the obvious lack of any decent piano sounds. The factory ones were a joke - thin, too bright (goes hand-in-hand with being thin I guess) and simply not convincing at all. No such problem with our beloved INTEGRAs; quite the opposite in fact.

See you soon bro'.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote:... and a very happy new year to you too, brother Paulo! Long time no see as I've been pretty ill, but it's great to see you mate.

Yes, I forgot to mention the SN pianos. One of the very weak points of the XV IMHO was the obvious lack of any decent piano sounds. The factory ones were a joke - thin, too bright (goes hand-in-hand with being thin I guess) and simply not convincing at all. No such problem with our beloved INTEGRAs; quite the opposite in fact.

See you soon bro'.
Hi Brother M.Man!! I hope your health is better and is very nice to "see" you around again

Cheers
P.man :-)
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Like-wise, Brother!