How to set up Integra 7 and a stereo looper

Forum for Integra 7
gaita

How to set up Integra 7 and a stereo looper

Post by gaita »

I would like to connect to my Integra 7 a stereo looper, still no decided wich one but it will have stereo input and output.
And now, lets say the signal goes:

Integra 7 main output (jack) => looper input => looper output => Integra 7 input (front or rear) => Integra 7 main output XLR to speakers

is it correct? I know in this case I can not use the Integra as en audio interface.

Another option is:
Integra 7 main output (jack or XLR) => looper input => looper output => speakers

In that case can I still use the Integra as an audio interface ? I think yes but the audio signal vía USB will be without looper effect, am I right?

Pls help me with this, what is the best option form me. I use my Integra 7 as my audio interface and don´t want buy another devices now.

Thanks in advance.
Macska

Re: How to set up Integra 7 and a stereo looper

Post by Macska »

You've got the right idea, but there is one potential problem.

If the Input on the integra gets sent back out to the mains going into the looper again, you'll be stacking that sound in every clip. To avoid this, you can route the integra instruments output to a different output than the mains, going into the looper. This will allow you to use it as an audio interface while using the loops.
gaita

Re: How to set up Integra 7 and a stereo looper

Post by gaita »

Thank you Macska.
I see the problem. So, your solution is like that?:

Integra 7 output B or C or D => looper input => looper output => Integra 7 input (front or rear) => Integra 7 main output XLR to speakers

But in this way I can not use Integra 7 as an audio interface anyway, right?