Editor - Slow midi transfer

Forum for Integra 7
AndyCap

Editor - Slow midi transfer

Post by AndyCap »

Hi Guys,

I have an Integra 7 here and am wondering if it is normal for the computer editor to be pretty slow when communicating with the I7?

For example changing sets takes around 15 seconds, is this normal?

Many thanks for any help

Andy
PauloF

Re: Editor - Slow midi transfer

Post by PauloF »

AndyCap wrote:Hi Guys,

I have an Integra 7 here and am wondering if it is normal for the computer editor to be pretty slow when communicating with the I7?

For example changing sets takes around 15 seconds, is this normal?

Many thanks for any help

Andy
Hi Andy and Welcome to the Clan!

The Roland Editor is indeed very slow communicating with the i7 as far as changing sets (and not only).

For me the Editor is a bit of a pain and I use all my quick changeable settings done via CC or SysEx from the PCR, A-PRO and Implulse61 MIDI Keyboard controllers.

For changing the Studio Set, I'm sending a Program Change (Min-Max) message from my PCR Controller, where the MIN= <The number of the first StudioSet being used> and MAX= <The number of the last StudioSet being used>, example Min= 20, Max=24. So by moving the Slider from Bottom to Top I will have 4 different positions, each one sending the correspondent PC value to the Studio Sets 20 to 23.

Cheers,
PauloF
AndyCap

Post by AndyCap »

Hi Paulo,

Thanks very much for the info, I can stop worrying that there is something wrong here now.

The plugin editor does seem a bit painful I must admit, with the iPad one I am having communication problems with as well but I'm thinking/hoping that this is due to a faulty Onkyo stick.

Overall it is not the seamless integration I was hoping for!

I have now worked out that you can ignore the studio sets stored on the I7 and just set them up in the editor plugin and when the project loads it sorts it all out, so that is quite neat.

Still it sounds good :)

All the best

Andy
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

AndyCap wrote:Hi Paulo,

Thanks very much for the info, I can stop worrying that there is something wrong here now.

The plugin editor does seem a bit painful I must admit, with the iPad one I am having communication problems with as well but I'm thinking/hoping that this is due to a faulty Onkyo stick.

Overall it is not the seamless integration I was hoping for!

I have now worked out that you can ignore the studio sets stored on the I7 and just set them up in the editor plugin and when the project loads it sorts it all out, so that is quite neat.

Still it sounds good :)

All the best

Andy

I have very good results with the iPad in ad-hoq mode. It's pretty stable to me. But I'm using the Netgear WNA-1100 stick.

Did you upgrade your i-7 to the latest 1.21 Firmware?

Cheers,
Paulo
AndyCap

Post by AndyCap »

Hi Paulo,

It came with 1.21 already on it.

I tried it with adhoc mode with the iPad right next to the I7 and sometimes it would work, sometimes “Connection Error - Cannot receive MIDI message"

I'm getting the Onkyo replaced, hopefully the problem is with that and not the I7.

Cheers

Andy
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

It came with 1.21 already on it.

I tried it with adhoc mode with the iPad right next to the I7 and sometimes it would work, sometimes “Connection Error - Cannot receive MIDI message"

I'm getting the Onkyo replaced, hopefully the problem is with that and not the I7.

Cheers

Andy
Before you replace the Onkyo stick, try to setup a different ad-hoq channel to see if it becomes more stable.
I now remember that I changed mine to ad-hoq channel 8...

Just a thought that may help

Cheers,
Paulo
AndyCap

Post by AndyCap »

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for the info but I had already tried on multiple channels, also with it connected to a wifi router, my guess is that it is busted.

Cheers

Andy
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Thanks for the info but I had already tried on multiple channels, also with it connected to a wifi router, my guess is that it is busted.

Cheers

Andy
The Wi-Fi interfaces are not so expensive, so maybe you should try a second one.

Have you tried with the Camera Connection kit or any kind of iPad --> USB MIDI interface or even an iPAD --> MIDI (DIN) interface? like the Line6 MIDI Mobilizer?