Integra 7 Reverb Question....

Forum for Integra 7
MC909

Integra 7 Reverb Question....

Post by MC909 »

I have noticed something a bit strange relating to reverb settings on supernatural presets.
I can't hear much reverb dispite the value turned all the way up to 127.
This seems to be the case on all SN presets, but if I select a PCM preset at the same reverb level of 127 then the effect can be heard very clearly.

Why can't I hear the reverb better on SN presets?
Read

Re: Integra 7 Reverb Question....

Post by Read »

have a look "EDIT - MFX - MFX Reverb Send Level"
MC909

Post by MC909 »

Thanks Read, but that's what I mean.
I know I have the reverb level at a max of 127 but it sounds kind of weak compared to PCM patches with max reverb.
TagPass

Post by TagPass »

Here's a clear demonstration of exactly the problem you are talking about:
https://youtu.be/qLLhd2yyawE

Really wish that this is something that can/will be addressed in a firmware update. SN voices simply can't get the reverb "wet" enough for my liking, and it seems like a really strange oversight in the design of the Integra module, which is otherwise pretty fantastic.

I've been combatting this by running a dedicated external reverb on a set of outputs. Unfortunately that is currently the only way to swath reverb across the SN engine.
MC909

Post by MC909 »

Yeah. I came across this video before posting here hoping that there might be a solution.

It would seem Roland have seriously made an error here again and not tested the product enough before releasing it.

Surely this could be fixed with an update?

Please Roland ....fix this.
lol

Post by lol »

I'm sorry but to me this video is not conclusive at all since the user don't even seems to be aware of the fact that the reverb has settings on its own. Preset settings have typically the level of this reverb is below 127, so first thing, when you blow the reverb full volume and 100% wet to a SN sound, it's more than you will ever need to compose music.

My guess is that the Integra's mixer don't actually mix SN and PCM sounds the same way with reberb : obviously on PCM sounds raising the reverb up cuts the direct sound off, while on the SN sounds it seems to add to it, as it should.

It's certainly true to say the reverb is not particularly stellar on the Integra-7, but calling a defect the simple fact that you don't find the desired setting, seems a bit far fetched for an argument.

Also, the SN sounds are trying to behave as acoustic sounds would, that's the entire point, and so in even a biog church you're never too far from the source that it sounds completely in the mist : in this regard the SN sounds don't exceed the amount of reverb you'd obtain in a real acoustic space.

Then, if you're still not happy with this, try something else : the reverb on the Motional Surround is way better, and in this mode, you can place the source virtually as far as you want from the listener, so you can get it as wet as you want. You can even assign the output of the reverb (in all modes) to a separate output and get there the only 100% wet reverb signal. I really don't understand what you are complaining about the reverb level on the Integra-7, I suggest you try and read the f!manual instead of calling for a scandal!

The Motional Surround is a very powerful tool, not for surround cheats, but for the reverb, precisely! And it's the least known and used processor on the Integra-7, you should investigate this on your own with the guideline to stop referring to the magical 3D effect marketing BS, and see what it can do for you to ambiance your sounds properly.

This reverb is not very musical, ok, that should be your concern, but claiming the unit has a design flaw because you can't use it right, come on please!
Grunwaldt

Post by Grunwaldt »

I never use the Integra7's own reverb, which is kinda poor IMHO, I always use a good sounding reverb from my DAW when I need it.
MC909

Post by MC909 »

I just bought an eventide h9.
Wow everything sounds so much better now
The supernatural acoustic patches really come to life with the addition of the H9.