Patch map

Forum for Integra 7
SizZleR

Patch map

Post by SizZleR »

Im considering getting an Integra-7 as it seems to have the most complete soundbank with sounds of proper quality, along with MFX for each track.

My GW-8 arranger works very well for me, but a lot of its sounds are really poor quality, namely the acoustic sounds.

Preferably it shd be so I can keep using the GW-8 as it is, meaning I can compose styles etc. on it and have them run thru the i7 to get the better sound.

For that id need to do a patch map in order to reroute patch numbers to match between to the two instruments, I recall I did it with a Wersi Vex 60 rackmount sound expansion module some 25 yrs ago, in order to make it match a keyboard I had back then.

But does that feature even exist on todays hardware and does the i7 support it?
PauloF

Re: Patch map

Post by PauloF »

SizZleR wrote:Im considering getting an Integra-7 as it seems to have the most complete soundbank with sounds of proper quality, along with MFX for each track.

My GW-8 arranger works very well for me, but a lot of its sounds are really poor quality, namely the acoustic sounds.

Preferably it shd be so I can keep using the GW-8 as it is, meaning I can compose styles etc. on it and have them run thru the i7 to get the better sound.

For that id need to do a patch map in order to reroute patch numbers to match between to the two instruments, I recall I did it with a Wersi Vex 60 rackmount sound expansion module some 25 yrs ago, in order to make it match a keyboard I had back then.

But does that feature even exist on todays hardware and does the i7 support it?
Welcome to the Clan SizZler!

You won't be able to take advantage of the dedicated MFX per Part unless you adapt each GW-8 Patch for the i-7, but as the synth PCM based engines are completely different you will lose the Arranger features...

The only thing you can do is to continue using the GW-8 as is, but connecting it's OUTPUTS to the Integra-7 Audio INPUTS, and then take advantage of the Integra's REVERB, CHORUS or MOTIONAL SURROUND + MASTER EQ...
SizZleR

Re: Patch map

Post by SizZleR »

Thank u very much. :-)

So no patchmap support on the i7 I guess. :-/

The ideal solution would be to get an arranger keyboard based on the i7, but afaik that doesn't exist?
Does Roland have any arranger keyboard or just arranger (with style support) that would at least work somewhat integrated with the i7 at all?

I find it puzzling that they don't at least make an arranger based on the i7, like they did the RA (Realtime Arranger)-series back in the good ol' days. :-D

They already have arrangers in their BK-series, so its not like they have to reinvent the hardware, they shd be able to make it work by "just" altering the software here and there.

The result would be an "RA-i7" and shdn't have to be priced more than about 25% more than the standalone version and that wouldn't keep me from getting one. :-D :-D :-D