keep patch selection after rebooting integra

Forum for Integra 7
PauloF

Re: keep patch selection after rebooting integra

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote:Hey Brother Paulo. Hope you're good mate.

I've been meaning to ask you this question for a while, and seeing as you brought it up I figured now might be a good time. Saves starting a thread just for this:

Are you or is anyone able to PM me (attachments) or post the 12 sysex "strings" required for loading all the boards in a thread? By this I mean not the text, but in sysex form so they can be dragged into DAWs / sequencers / tracks / Sysex Librarian directly.

Although I got heavily into controllers back in the '90s, other than sysex dumps for backup and song-setup purposes, I didn't have a need to delve into sysex editing / creation. Hence my overwhelming ignorance on the subject and my determination to not have to try to type these strings out to create proper sysex "files". Not sure I have the software to be able to do it anyway, but that's besides the point. Just the thought of hex hurts my head.

Thank you in advance for your wisdom on this matter, and a huge pat on the back for all that you do for the peeps here on the forum. Go you good thing, Brother P-Man!
Hi Brother-M, I hope you're good too

Thanks for your kind words brother-M! I'm just trying to help the way I know and can :-)

Regarding the SysEx for loading Ext "Cards" into the 4 slots, let me get home next week, as I'm on a business trip abroad at the moment, and can't be of much help ;-)

Cheers
P
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Wha... you're a broad? You're kidding! My extended (too many years to admit right now) celibacy stint can now be cured!

Oh... abroad... I get it. D'Oh!

Seriously 'though, I very much appreciate your generosity, and look forward to getting my lil' mitts on these sys-sexy thingies.

FWIMBW, I only want to use them as setup data to be sent prior to the studio set for whatever song I'm working on - you know, from a MIDI track just like for all the other MIDI gear. At the moment I've stuck with just one "default" set of cards 'cause it's so much easier to set up along with the other gear. These MIDI files, placed before the Studio-Set data, will obviously streamline the process to the extent that I'll be able to hit "play" and set all gear up for a given song in one move.

Waiting in anti-city-poo-patience, P-Man!
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Just bumping this 'cause I'm still keen to sort this out, P-Man.

Hope you're well mate.
jengelbr

Post by jengelbr »

I haven't monkeyed with the Integra but older Rolands transmit sysex by default. What I used to do was record enable my DAW sequencer and turn the dials on the Roland to do what you want to do, all of the commands are captured by your DAW. You can then go into your DAW's event editor and see all the sysex you need to build a file or export directly. Try it and see if it works for you...
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Thank you, jengelbr!

Yeah, I used to do that too with lots of other gear, and only for sound-editing parameters, but figured it might be too much to ask of the INTEGRA in this instance.

I'll try selecting an SRX by starting with, say, the one above or below it in the list and incrementing to it, and then hitting "Enter" to load it, and do that for each board, separating the data out to one board per track and deleting blank space on the timeline between sysex "blocks" (graphic representation; I'm not equipped to delve into the actual data).

How's this sound, mate?

Will be a few days until I can try this...
jengelbr

Post by jengelbr »

That should do it.

BTW, I see the Integra does not send sysex by default, go to the systems settings page, MIDI tab to enable it...
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Thank you for the heads-up warning, jengelbr!