keep patch selection after rebooting integra

Forum for Integra 7
wormholewomb

keep patch selection after rebooting integra

Post by wormholewomb »

Is it possible to leave the chosen patch for each part in place after turning the integra7 off?

Say i have:
Prt1 synth sound 120
prt 2 string sound 3
prt 4 drums 30

When i turn the unit off, and back on again:
Those patches are gone, and i need to find them again.
So is there a way to do this? All my korgs can do this, and i'm quite attached to it in my process.
Thx
PauloF

Re: keep patch selection after rebooting integra

Post by PauloF »

wormholewomb wrote:Is it possible to leave the chosen patch for each part in place after turning the integra7 off?

Say i have:
Prt1 synth sound 120
prt 2 string sound 3
prt 4 drums 30

When i turn the unit off, and back on again:
Those patches are gone, and i need to find them again.
So is there a way to do this? All my korgs can do this, and i'm quite attached to it in my process.
Thx
Sure, by saving the patch (tone) in the part and the part in the StudioSet, and saving the StudioSet, all by using [SHIFT]+[WRITE] and choosing the item to save.
lol

Post by lol »

What baffles me is that Roland didn't even issue a tutorial video for us illiterate users, no, instead, they wrote such a huge 70 pages booklet with big screenshots and letters in all shape and forms all around the place, what a scandal! I wish I could read only the titles, damned I be dumb poor illiterate silly me!

But that's just me I guess, thank's PauloF, you saved my day ;)

lol
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

lol wrote:What baffles me is that Roland didn't even issue a tutorial video for us illiterate users, no, instead, they wrote such a huge 70 pages booklet with big screenshots and letters in all shape and forms all around the place, what a scandal! I wish I could read only the titles, damned I be dumb poor illiterate silly me!

But that's just me I guess, thank's PauloF, you saved my day ;)

lol
No, it's not just you. The Roland Owner Manuals suck big time!!!

The Parameter Guides are a bit better, but there is still a lot of info missing and you have to read it all, incluiding the tips...

I wish the documentation was like the Yanaha one...
wormholewomb

Post by wormholewomb »

AWESOME thanks!
The integra7 isn't for everyone, but i friggin love this unit.I'm selling half my studio because of it.
Just sold 2 korgs,a kurtzweil pc3, 2 effects units and a roland sh201 simply because the integra covers that ground so much better
lol

Post by lol »

Yeah it's a great little unit indeed.

Anyway I personally think the main knob on any synth should be "SAVE NEXT BOOT", and not "Knob knob" or whatever they call it now...
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

wormholewomb wrote:AWESOME thanks!
The integra7 isn't for everyone, but i friggin love this unit.I'm selling half my studio because of it.
Just sold 2 korgs,a kurtzweil pc3, 2 effects units and a roland sh201 simply because the integra covers that ground so much better
I fully agree that sonic wise, the i-7 covers a lot of ground, but I wonder about the PC3, a very complete synth full of features and used by so many professional musicians worldwide.
Why did you sell it? I'm curious
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

Mine doesn't remember any SRX patches Ive selected for a studio set .. is this normal ?
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Not if you've saved the Studio Set and made sure that the appropriate SRX boards are loaded.
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

Monkey Man wrote:Not if you've saved the Studio Set and made sure that the appropriate SRX boards are loaded.
So can it not be set to load any srx expansion boards by default ? ie if your studio set uses a patch from an SRX board you have to load it manually after powering the unit up ? (as seems the case atm)
lol

Post by lol »

Sure it can, read the manual.
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

There are 4 slots for loading different SRX expansion sets, when I switch on and off it only remembers 2 of them, the other 2 I have to load manually, every time, so I dont think that is working correctly then ?
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

*solved* .. theres a specific start up setting where you can do this
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

bigmuz7 wrote:*solved* .. theres a specific start up setting where you can do this
And you can send SysEx messages to load specific Exp Boards in Specific Slots on the fly
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Hey Brother Paulo. Hope you're good mate.

I've been meaning to ask you this question for a while, and seeing as you brought it up I figured now might be a good time. Saves starting a thread just for this:

Are you or is anyone able to PM me (attachments) or post the 12 sysex "strings" required for loading all the boards in a thread? By this I mean not the text, but in sysex form so they can be dragged into DAWs / sequencers / tracks / Sysex Librarian directly.

Although I got heavily into controllers back in the '90s, other than sysex dumps for backup and song-setup purposes, I didn't have a need to delve into sysex editing / creation. Hence my overwhelming ignorance on the subject and my determination to not have to try to type these strings out to create proper sysex "files". Not sure I have the software to be able to do it anyway, but that's besides the point. Just the thought of hex hurts my head.

Thank you in advance for your wisdom on this matter, and a huge pat on the back for all that you do for the peeps here on the forum. Go you good thing, Brother P-Man!