I-7 Missing on Logic 10.2.1 as external instrument

Forum for Integra 7
monosock

I-7 Missing on Logic 10.2.1 as external instrument

Post by monosock »

Hi There!

I'm a regular logic+integra 7 user. I updated recently to 10.2.1 and I've noticed things have gone tits up!!

You see... Logic recognizes the i-7 as an audio interface, it even identifies it as a" MIDI in/out" device.. but When i try to select it on the drop menu on a "External Instrument" plugin it just doesn't appear.

The i-7 is listed everywhere else. In the environment's "Clicks and Ports" page. It even appears on the MIDI clock Sync options but its just not available as an external instrument nor an external Midi channel.. Ive tried many things, deleting the instrument on the Audio/MIDI set up part. Re installing the driver. Changing the system ID. Nothing!!!

When I switch off the I-7 logic tells me it's MIDI IN/OUTs are no longer available and tells me the opposite when I switch it on.. Its just not available as a external instrument, it is driving me crazy!

Needless to say I never experienced this problem with previous logic versions. Am I the only one?
hobbit

Re: I-7 Missing on Logic 10.2.1 as external instrument

Post by hobbit »

Hi monosock

I can't reproduce your problem. My I7 appears correctly wherever it's supposed to. Maybe it's about the driver version for I7. There are different drivers for OS X 10.11., 10.10. and so on.

What is your configuration (OS, I7 driver)?

Regards, Hobbit
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2016-02-06 um 12.47.55.png
Bildschirmfoto 2016-02-06 um 12.47.55.png (183.6 KiB) Viewed 681 times
monosock

Re: I-7 Missing on Logic 10.2.1 as external instrument

Post by monosock »

Thanks for your reply mate. It turns out Logic was confusing my I-7 and Vortex Alesis so there was some weird stuff going on there. All i Had to do is unplug all my MIDI interfaces. delete them all from the Audio MIDI setup instance and then just plug again. What I did previously was just deleting the I7 from my set up but of course Logic was still getting confused between that and the Alesis Vortex.

Cheers for trying it though!