Integra sound blocked

Forum for Integra 7
taglia74

Integra sound blocked

Post by taglia74 »

I have a big problem with my integra7. I use as a master nord stage 2 to control it, but when I change program in the nord stage (only in the nord and not in the integra) the sound in the integra remain blocked if I do the program change in the time that I play some key....also if I change midi channel in the new program. It's very noisy because usually I need to change sound in live and some time I don't remember to don't press any key in the time that I change the program. The same problem I have if I press the sustain in the time that I change the program in the nord.....the integra remain in sustain status also if I don't press sustain pedal.
I have this problem if I change program in the clavia and remain in the same studio set of integra.
Someone have had the same problem and solved it?
Thanks
Andrea
Monkey Man

Re: Integra sound blocked

Post by Monkey Man »

If you can send an "all notes off" and / or a "reset controllers" command from the Nord, that might solve the problem.

You'd have to just send the command as soon as you realise things are stuck. Alternatively, you could make it a habit to always send one or both of those commands after or just before (better before) you send the I-7 a patch change.

I've never played keys live (bass guitar only), so this really isn't my area of expertise; these are just my first thoughts after reading your post.

Hopefully someone who knows more about this stuff will "chime in" and offer some wisdom...
taglia74

Post by taglia74 »

Monkey Man wrote:If you can send an "all notes off" and / or a "reset controllers" command from the Nord, that might solve the problem.

You'd have to just send the command as soon as you realise things are stuck. Alternatively, you could make it a habit to always send one or both of those commands after or just before (better before) you send the I-7 a patch change.

I've never played keys live (bass guitar only), so this really isn't my area of expertise; these are just my first thoughts after reading your post.

Hopefully someone who knows more about this stuff will "chime in" and offer some wisdom...
Thanks but nord stage 2 can't send all notes of or reset control. I have had xv5050 before integra7 and xv didn't has any problem....integra yes....maybe because the part organizzation is different
I hope that someone tha have ns2 + integra can help me about it.
Ciao
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Too bad the Nord can't do that, mate.

Hopefully someone will help...
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote:Too bad the Nord can't do that, mate.

Hopefully someone will help...
There is another alternative that works very well live...

But for that you will have to use the integra in a slight different way, that is:

The Studio Sets acting as Banks and the 16 Parts on a Studio Set as Patches.

All you have to do is organize each 16 Parts in a way that you can access them just by changing the MIDI channel on your controller, provided it is easy to change the MIDI channel on the fly.
This shows a very smooth and quick transition between parts (Patches in your case)

Whenever You want to use nother set of 16 Patches, just switch To a diferent Studio Set, that can be done manually on the i7 itself or by sending a Studio Set Program Change

Cheers
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Great thinking, P-Man.

Only thing is, if notes remain sounding on the previous MIDI channel after switching, there's still the issue of turning them off. At least if one stayed on the same channel one could re-trigger the sustain pedal (on and off), or better still, send the all-notes-off or reset-controllers command/s.

For now at least, it looks like the OP might have to quickly toggle the sustain pedal, IMHO.