Is this a bug? Compressors and EQ

Forum for Integra 7
sino13

Is this a bug? Compressors and EQ

Post by sino13 »

Hi there!

So after spending some time with Integra (love it) and tweaking everything inside out i think i am experiencing a bug in Drum kits.

So for example:

1. Create your own drum kit. Set Program Level to for example 50. Add compressor 1 and EQ1 for it (i mean enable it so set it to ON). For this particular example add compressor level out to pretty high volume just for the sake of this issue to be much easier to spot-hear. Since we had program level at 50 it was kinda quiet but we compensated this with compressor level out (again this is just for showcase)

Ok play your loop and hear sound coming from Compressor 1. It should be loud as you have set it up that way since compressor level out is set to be loud.

2. Save it inside Integra editor as preset or save complete project within your DAW (does not matter it's same everytime).

3. Turn off integra and your DAW project. Run Integra, run project.

3. Editor is loaded and ALL settings are loaded correctly even settings on compressor are loaded and ON/OFF switch is displayed correctly meaning that compressor should be at ON and really in my editor it is rendered as being "ON".

Play your project. And there is it!!!

What is changed? Well compressor aint working at all!! Therefore volume is much lower (like from step 1 it is at about 50) and it is actually at preset (program) level..

To hear your project at the exactly same level as you left it off you need to press On-OFF switch on compressor and it will magically start to work and compressor levels will be correct.

That happens to me EVERY time. Anyone else or just me?

Like compressor is not storing ON-OFF state correctly. If i turn integra off and turn it on and when i load my own particular drum kit preset, compressor need to be switched off and turned on no matter if i previously enabled it and saved it within preset.

Now this isn't a show stopper but i am considering this to be a bug and it kinda sucks to recall your program only to find that you need to dive into settings and enable compressor correctly. I am considering to stop using compressors but i actually like them.

Anyone else having this issue?

Btw i tried it with official Roland editor and with K Take win editor and it's the same thing so it's not editor issue (like for example maybe editor does not remember compressor on-off state correctly)

btw - yes i have latest os/firmware for integra.
Monkey Man

Re: Is this a bug? Compressors and EQ

Post by Monkey Man »

Cripes, it sounds like you've spelled it out very clearly and have tried all the obvious "fixes", sino.

It's sounding like a bug from what you've said, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else can reproduce it. Unfortunately I can't test this ATM as nothing's hooked up (will be some months yet).
sino13

Post by sino13 »

I can confirm it every and each time. Is there some kind of email where i can report this to Roland integra development team?

Kind regards
sino13

Post by sino13 »

I am bumping this. After two year. This is not fixes. Any email address from Roland? I can't find any on roland.com support pages...
knobacon

Post by knobacon »

I've experienced something very much like this but not with the compressors/eqs you mention. I just don't use them. But...Random settings on presets sometimes need to be switched off/on to get it functioning as it was when saved. It is weird but I live with it.
sino13

Post by sino13 »

I reported this to Roland UK and they told me that they will pass info to R&D Roland team in Japan.

Fingers crossed for some hope.

If i get any info in near future i will report everything here.

Regards
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Thank you, sino.