Will we see an Integra 8 announcement in 2016 ?

Forum for Integra 7
muziksculp

Will we see an Integra 8 announcement in 2016 ?

Post by muziksculp »

Hi,

I wonder, will we see an Integra 8 announcement during 2016, or early 2017 ?

How likely do you think this is ?

Anyways... I hope it happens.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
GAJ52

Re: Will we see an Integra 8 announcement in 2016 ?

Post by GAJ52 »

I hope not I've just bought an Integra 7 :-)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

muziksculp wrote:Hi,

I wonder, will we see an Integra 8 announcement during 2016, or early 2017 ?

How likely do you think this is ?

Anyways... I hope it happens.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Honestly? Don't think so.

That is not Roland's mood at the moment.

They are more on the "DJ" type of equipment these days
Jan_nl

Post by Jan_nl »

...not expecting an Integra-8 anytime soon, but I do expect the AIRA sampler to make its appearance at the Musikmesse.

Although Roland's focus has been on the budget range, they haven't forgotten the higher end instruments.
Last year the LX-17, HP605 and HP603 were introduced, fully modeled pianos using a brand new custom chip far more powerful than the one used in the original V-piano.
It is likely that Roland plans to use that chip for other products as well, and I'm still secretly hoping for that often requested yet still elusive Fantom-V...
Macska

Post by Macska »

Most likely there won't be another sound module for a long time. Roland has nothing advanced much further than the SN stuff that is covered there. At the furthest reach I could imagine a cut down module that offers ONLY the SN engine without the XV stuff but even that is pointless with the Integra out there at its price.

I would love to see an updated SoundCanvas app or some other sound module for iOS from Roland. I don't see them as too active on iOS right now either sadly.
Happy

Post by Happy »

Would not be surprised if Roland would do something like an Aira device to compete with the Toraiz SP 16 and recycling some SN, JD-Xi analog and Aira stuff into it. I was hoping on a I8 2 years ago but bought the I7 just atfer there were some rumor it would be phased out and it discounted down from 1999 to 1499. Did not regret it.
muziksculp

Post by muziksculp »

I know the chances that Roland will announce the Integra 8 during this Summer NAMM 2016 are very low, or should I say, very unlikely.

Maybe during this year ?
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

I appreciate that you're keen, muziksculp.

I am too, and I'd be all over it like white on rice.

All I really wish for is that all expansions are permanently loaded. More analogue outs (16 total) and polyphony would take it over the top and save me buying two.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote:I appreciate that you're keen, muziksculp.

All I really wish for is that all expansions are permanently loaded. More analogue outs (16 total) and polyphony would take it over the top and save me buying two.
Hi M.Man,
Long time no "see" :)

I would really like Roland to produce some new module with more reverb options (per Part), more routing options (a la Fantom X/G), more outs and a redesigned Audio interface/mixer (iPad driven) that could really make it the heart of the studio.

Take care bro
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

Looking at the circuit board of the Integra 7, the flash rom where the Expansions can be loaded into is integrated into the board. However with the price of chips coming down. They could easily and cheaply release a 2nd revision of the Integra 7 with just the bigger flash rom to enable uptp 8 to be installed and possibly 256 polyphony.

I would like to see the MIDI implementaton updated and fixed too, their jupiter line and Integra had some major bugs on their MIDI implementation and not all have been fixed.

I can't see any of this happening, it;s true Roland have some new Aira products coming and hardware based on the Aira technology (or processor they use in the Aira System 1 and Boutique ranges). You will see some new Boutique models coming and also a rumored upgrade to the Aira System 1 which will take the Boutique synth engines as plug outs.
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

PauloF wrote:
Monkey Man wrote:I appreciate that you're keen, muziksculp.

Hi M.Man,
Long time no "see" :)

I would really like Roland to produce some new module with more reverb options (per Part), more routing options (a la Fantom X/G), more outs and a redesigned Audio interface/mixer (iPad driven) that could really make it the heart of the studio.

Take care bro
Yeah, whilst those features aren't for me, I totally get you, P-Man.

Hope you're OK mate. Tough year so far. Terrible actually... but I'm alive, and that's the main thing.
scottrod

Post by scottrod »

IMHO, Roland is a cluster these days.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

scottrod wrote:IMHO, Roland is a cluster these days.
Hi Scott,
Happy to see you here! I Hope all is ok with you

Seeing what Yamaha has done regarding the new Montage, I think Roland lost their edge in the synth Market. But that is only my opinion of course.
Both JD-Xa and JD-Xi are fine products but lacking a lot of features that existed on previous boards, like the fantoms. (Really miss my Fantom Xa...)

Cheers,
Paulo